Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do you use your feet to sit the Egg on?

mikeb9550
mikeb9550 Posts: 95
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I just bought a large egg. It didn't come with the feet but the dealer gave me a few he had sitting in the shop (really nice guy). I still dont know whats best. I have a certain height I am looking for so I have to figure it out soon. I noticed some use them and other use them inside the egg and set the cooker on a stone or directly on the counter top (depending on what the counter is made of). I am using 1/2" cement board and 1.5 - 2" concrete counter top. So whats more stable for tip over? Should I set it directly on the counter (lowered to accommodate the height of the egg). Im guessing 2 + inches of concrete and hardi board should be safe to rest it on either way.

Thanks.

Egg going in the corner.  Still have to frame the bar counter and some other odds and ends.

Comments