Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Had no brauts so.......

Options
Baysidebob
Baysidebob Posts: 489
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Had three humble little Italian sausages reaching the "use it or lose it".  Did them up direct 400 dome and set aside.  One stick of butter and one large sweet onion in the dutch oven (open) til carmalized.  Threw in the sausages plus two bottles of my beloved Eye of the Hawk (that hurt)  and tossed on one chunk of hickory to finish.  The wife made "happy sounds" when she ate them on toasted sandwich buns.  Best part was it took awhile so I could consume a libation or two (or three) during the process.
My actuary says I'm dead.

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Had three humble little Italian sausages reaching the "use it or lose it".  Did them up direct 400 dome and set aside.  One stick of butter and one large sweet onion in the dutch oven (open) til carmalized.  Threw in the sausages plus two bottles of my beloved Eye of the Hawk (that hurt)  and tossed on one chunk of hickory to finish.  The wife made "happy sounds" when she ate them on toasted sandwich buns.  Best part was it took awhile so I could consume a libation or two (or three) during the process.

big fan of the happy wife sounds. sure beats the hell out of the alternative ;)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Brats are gross anyway.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Good for you.  Italian is best anyway.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Options

Oh my, @ Cen-tex who isn't ! ;;)
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options

A happy wife = a happy life.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Options

A happy wife = a happy life.

Amen, brother Amen!