Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Peach Wood

HueyDriverHueyDriver Posts: 2
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Has any ever smoked anything using Peach wood? Iif so, was kind of smokiness flavor did it produce, mild, strong?
·

Comments

• AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    Yes....I get peach wood all the time from a local orchard. It's a very nice mild smoke, especially on pork.
    ·
  • Used it many times, actually use it most of the time out of my 6 different woods. Mild smoke.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • gatorBGEgatorBGE Posts: 79
    Same here, local orchard...nice and mild flavor
    Large Egg October 2011
    MiniMax December 2014
    ·
  • McStewMcStew Posts: 435

its great a bit hard to find in CA for me, unless anyone has a source they dont mind passing along

Marina Del Rey CA 
    ·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,244
    edited July 2012

Here at Eggs by the Bay, we are currently carrying Peach chunks in the Santa Clara Valley brand.  We haven't had peach for over a year...looks like they will keep us in stock for a while.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • schweikherschweikher Posts: 12
    Just ordered some at www.fruitawoodchunks.com/ You can mix and match and shipping is free.
    ·
  • brian4206brian4206 Posts: 19
    friutawoodchunks.com is a very pleasant company to deal with. They were recently out of peach wood but I ended up getting some apricot wood and its very similar to peach. Prices are reasonable and shipping is FREE.
    ·
  • misumisu Posts: 213
    Used it a few times, smells good even before you put it in the egg:) Got it from my local Atlanta guy but he ships too
    ·