Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hold March 16th for Salado EggFest

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

Going to Salado City Council in mid-Aug to get the city park and adult beverage once more for the Salado EggFest. Looking at March 16th so KILTS are going to happen once more. Hold the date please.

http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com/

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Count me in. Agian.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Options
    Count me in. Agian.
    Much more important: Is your dad coming :)]
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Howdy_Doody
    Howdy_Doody Posts: 168
    Options
    If I can be next to Travis and Cazzy, I'm in too !

Dripping Springs, Texas
  • Mickey
    Options

Kilts   Kilts    Kilts

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

If I can be next to Travis and Cazzy, I'm in too !

I'm in for sure and I'm down with the suggested table set-up. Except this time I'm going stay the night so I can get a table and not a pillar. LOL
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'm in.....no kilt
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Harleybob
    Harleybob Posts: 6
    Options
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Did you coincide this with the St. Patty's Day parade in Dallas again? I'm gonna try and make it this year, but I want a spot near Travis, Cazzy and Cen-Tex......and of course you, Don Toyota. Sounds like it will be another great fest.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    edited July 2012
    Options

Did you coincide this with the St. Patty's Day parade in Dallas again? I'm gonna try and make it this year, but I want a spot near Travis, Cazzy and Cen-Tex......and of course you, Don Toyota. Sounds like it will be another great fest.

Jason today Travis, CenTex and I are going to have lunch. We will spend it eating Hawaiian food in Killeen and talking about you :-@  (in a good way my friend)

Sure hope you do make it to Salado, it will be more fun with your cooking.

• Griffin
    Options

How was the lunch? The only thing I think of when I think Hawaiian is roasted pig, poi and fresh seafood. What do they serve in Killeen?

I'll be doing my darnedest to make it this year for sure.

Rowlett, Texas

• travisstrick
    Options
    Griffin said:

How was the lunch? The only thing I think of when I think Hawaiian is roasted pig, poi and fresh seafood. What do they serve in Killeen?

I'll be doing my darnedest to make it this year for sure.

Kulaua pork..... Yum! And we mostly talked about your redeeming qualitys, like Mickey said we would.
  • Mickey
    Options

Jason the pork is/was outstanding. The company was even better.

• Griffin
    Options
    Well that conversation must have been short lived. 90 seconds max?

Rowlett, Texas

• travisstrick
    Options
    We met cen tex and his wife. The mrs was lovely and a pleasure to visit with. Cen tex, however, mostly grunted and licked his fingers a lot. He and Mickey got along like peas and carrots.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    That makes complete sense Travis. That's exactly how I pictured Cen-Tex!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Mickey
    Options
    :ar!

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Jason today Travis, CenTex and I are going to have lunch. We will spend it eating Hawaiian food in Killeen and talking about you :-@  (in a good way my friend)

Sure hope you do make it to Salado, it will be more fun with your cooking.

Hawaiian BBQ in Killeen TX. Who'd of thunk it? It was really good, but the company was a little rough :)

Thanks for lunch Mickey!

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    We met cen tex and his wife. The mrs was lovely and a pleasure to visit with. Cen tex, however, mostly grunted and licked his fingers a lot. He and Mickey got along like peas and carrots.
    Nice. Sitting next to her does me no favors!

• Howdy_Doody
    Howdy_Doody Posts: 168
    Options
    Cen tex, however, mostly grunted and licked his fingers a lot. He and Mickey got along like peas and carrots.
    I'm having second thoughts.   :-O
    Dripping Springs, Texas
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Cen tex, however, mostly grunted and licked his fingers a lot. He and Mickey got along like peas and carrots.
    You are wise

• travisstrick
    Options

Dont make me call and beg Pam.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Dont make me call and beg Pam.

I can just say this: If you are counting on my good behavior to make the trip, don't start the car :) If you want to get in the Sailor Jerry's and laugh till your sides hurt, come on up.
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Options
    CA, this is a bit far! Dang !
  • Mickey
    Options
    CA, this is a bit far! Dang !

For two years m/c rider from PA. And several family's from Monteray Mexico, CO, NM, and Your state. Come on down.