Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Almost finished with the new table to house the XLBGE

Options
mcmac
mcmac Posts: 496
edited July 2012 in EGG Table Forum
I'm hoping the pictures post okay, but thought I would share the progress of our new table. We will be loading the egg in this evening when I have some more horsepower to lift and set the beast!
Table is made out of a mix of clear and tight knot cedar. 

XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR

Comments

• tactical_66
    tactical_66 Posts: 207
    Options
    Table looks great. I hope to get started on mine this weekend.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Looks awesome. The table was high priorities but hasn't been accomplished yet

XLBGE 
  • mcmac
    Options
    It was a fun build, but it does take time! I will be glad to get the egg loaded up tonight. Still cooking on the ground.

Tactical 66 good luck with your table.

Hillsboro OR
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Nice!  Why the plywood spacers between the 2x4s and the 4x4s where you used pocket screws?
    Options
    Nice work!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options
    nice looking table!
  • misu
    misu Posts: 213
    Options
    Nice work, I had to use another set of wheels in the middle for mine making it a 6 wheeler :)
    But I think I used thinner cedar pieces

• mcmac
    Options
    Nice!  Why the plywood spacers between the 2x4s and the 4x4s where you used pocket screws?
    Actually my friend... that was a screw up on my part! I cut the 2X4's about an inch and a half too short. Nice catch on your part. As usual, the build was not perfect as planned but the finished product turned out like I hoped.

Hillsboro OR
  • mcmac
    Options
    Nice work, I had to use another set of wheels in the middle for mine making it a 6 wheeler :)
    But I think I used thinner cedar pieces

Misu... a six wheeler... now theres big table! Gotta take that egg 6 wheeling'.

Hillsboro OR
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Actually my friend... that was a screw up on my part! I cut the 2X4's about an inch and a half too short. Nice catch on your part. As usual, the build was not perfect as planned but the finished product turned out like I hoped.
    Been there, done that...you can't see in the final product, so it's all good!
    Options
    Here is the finished product. The Egg is finally in its nest! One of the Traegers is in the background. 2 Briskets cooking in the Traeger and one in the Egg.

Hillsboro OR