Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Catching up on Posts - Steaks, Tenderloin, Meatloaf, etc

newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have recently slacked off on posting pics of my cooks, but Travis successfully guilted me into it.  The last couple weeks on the Egg have been good.  I hope the pictures look as good as the food tasted.

This was my second spatchcock, and it turned out great.  I'm still getting used to the texture adjustment - it's so juicy for chicken that you question if its actually fully cooked (although the thermo says otherwise).
imageimage

This smoked meatloaf blew my mind.  Probably my favorite Egg cook to date.
imageimageimage

Thick strips were solid . . . still waiting on my CI grid to come in.
imageimage

Some randos

Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
·

Comments

• Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    I'd eat all of that...nice work!
    ·
  • it all looks great
    ·
  • EllisEllis Posts: 192

The food and the pictures are great, good job.

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,044
    Man what a nice post. All looks good.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • KingRoverKingRover Posts: 115
    Impressive sear marks on your strip, even without CI. Is that from porcelain or SS? Spatch looks perfect too.
    ·
  • newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
    Thanks for the comments. Apparently I posted all the pics twice. #internetfail
    ·
    Impressive sear marks on your strip, even without CI. Is that from porcelain or SS? Spatch looks perfect too.

The spatch sammiches were awesome. Its a porcelain grid.
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,145
    newegg13 said:

I think that happens when you upload from computer vs using the Photo icon and pasted a direct link from photobucket.

Your food looks awesome man! I'd like to try that meatloaf recipe if you're willing to share. It looks amazing!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
    I think that happens when you upload from computer vs using the Photo icon and pasted a direct link from photobucket. Your food looks awesome man! I'd like to try that meatloaf recipe if you're willing to share. It looks amazing!!

I'm happy to share the recipe, but I'll have to grab the card and handle it tomorrow.
    ·
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 867
    Any updates on the smoked meatloaf recipe? Would love this as well.
    ·
  • pswarrenpswarren Posts: 85
    That chicken looks incredible! Nice job on all of those cooks.

·
    Done.  I made a new post so everyone can have access to it.  Hope it works for you. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1141942/smoked-meatloaf-recipe-by-request
    ·