Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin (pics)

Mighty_Quinn
Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I started with cutting the tenderloin as if I were unrolling it if that makes any sense, then pounded it thin. Stuffed with provolone, roasted red peppers, kalamata olives, and homemade fresh ricotta. Rubbed simply with kosher salt, fresh pepper, and a little rosemary... Grilled direct- 400ish for maybe 25 minutes total(pulled at 150ish), turning a few times. I did some grilled zucchini to go along with it and some couscous. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Looks amazing- the zucchini is one of our favorites. Especially with them coming fresh from the garden- what did you do to them before grilling? I have found I like Allegra marinade (salty) and dizzy pig tsunami spin (sweeter)
    Greensboro, NC
  • Mighty_Quinn
    For the zucchini, I drizzled a little evoo and balsamic vinegar on them with some salt and pepper about ten minutes before going on the egg...a little sprinkle of fresh grated Parmesan cheese as they came hot off the grill.
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    That looks tasty!  =P~
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    That looks outstanding.  Nice!

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Why stuff a tenderloin? I don't get that part. 

In order to cook the stuffing you have to essentially cook through the tenderloin. To do that you have to cook the tenderloin to a temperature greater than 'just done', which is the way we like them, or if you remove from the grill at 'just done' then is the stuffing done? Maybe the stuffing is 'done' at a lower temp than the tenderloin is 'just done'? 

It looks good, though!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    edited July 2012
    Why to stuff it is personal choice. Great way to introduce flavor in an otherwise less flavorful cut. Looks good on the plate too.

Anything in the stuffing which needs to be cooked should be cooked first. Stuffing only needs to be 140 by any standard to be 'safe'. If you stuffed it with bacon for example, you'd never be able to cook it if it went in raw

Spinach can be wilted and added to mushrooms and onions that are already cooked down. Pine nuts or pistachios can be toasted and crushed. Lots of options
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Looks mighty fine, Quinn.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Thanks guys....stike is right on. I went with stuffing to add some flavor other than a rub/marinade.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    btw, that zucchini is exactly how we like it.  my 12 year old would eat four of those himself.  good stuff
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Ha...it's a good thing the supply from the garden is endless right now, my kids are the same way. I'll do them like that a couple times a week this time of the year...once their season is over I can hardly look at them the rest of the year.
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    cook first, stuff second . .... cook first, ...... stuff second ....... cook FIRST, .... stuff SECOND! . . . . COOK FIRST, STUFF SECOND!!!! ...... EUREKA!!!! . . . . . (thanks!)