Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Platesetter and/or adjustable rig quandary

ZaltydogZaltydog Posts: 60
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hello all-

I have a few cooks cooks under my belt now with my LBGE.  I held off on buying the platesetter when I bought the egg until I could determine what indirect method might be best for me.  I have read many comments here regarding indirect cooking and the systems/ingenuity is incredible.  I have not solved my quandary.

I fully anticipate doing pizza, ribs, and brisket in the future.  I also cook for larger groups on occasion so the rig would be good for that.  The platesetter appears to be used by many veterans here.  It appears to me that the platesetter takes up a larger footprint then the adjustable rig when set-up for indirect cooking.  Does the platesetter result in a larger area of indirect cooking?  Does it really matter?  I am strongly leaning towards the AR.  Do the platesetter and AR essentially function the same way for indirect cooking?

Thanks for all the information I have found here previously.  I have found that I no longer need TV since I can log on here and find much better drama unfolding when following an overnight brisket cook!  This site has clearly been a great source of humor and information for me...

Comments