Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie, saying hello, new LBGE

echap
echap Posts: 13
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hello, been reading the forum for a week now, finally got approved to post today, got my L egg last week.  Have done burgers, pork chops, Bacon (fail) and yesterday a 10 hour pork butt since I got it.  All where awesome, except the bacon and then I had a big grease fire, closed it up and let it go out, but managed to save the bacon first and cooked it inside in a Griswald cast iron skillet. All in all I'm really impressed with the egg.  Going to take it to a BBQ competition on the 4th and see how I do.  I won the beef category last year with my brisket using my old chargriller offset smoker.  I was really pleased with the ease of the pulled pork yesterday, it was WAY less work that I am used to doing. 

Oh BTW, for the Large with a small table, cast iron grate, Plate setter, pizza stone, grate lifter, plus some tools.  Great forum here, I'm not much of a poster, but I read alot, so keep up the good work.

Eric

Comments