Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef back ribs

hopkinsusmc87hopkinsusmc87 Posts: 246
edited June 2012 in Beef
Made beef back ribs today and all I can say is WOW! They come out perfect! I set the BGE at 265 and cooked the ribs for 5 hours. At the 4th hour the coated them with Jack Daniels original BBQ sauce. They were great. I had zero issues with keeping the temp and I opened the grill at the 2 nd hour to spray them down with some apple cider viniger. The best I've made folks. For more info drop me a line. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
·

Comments

• Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos. Before the sauce
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    Those are my favorite!  Beef ribs aren't pretty but they make up for it in flavor, IMHO.
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • njlnjl Posts: 818
    What's the doneness test/temp for beef ribs?  Did you do some kind of rub, or nothing until the sauce?
    ·
  • It was at 195 and I used mustard, garlic pepper and onion powder as a rub then basted them the last 30 mins with BBQ sauce. I did a pull test on the ribs as well and it was just starting to peel from the bone so I did not feel then were over done. I enjoyed them.
    ·
  • Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Here they are just before I took them off.
    ·
  • sirlancealotsirlancealot Posts: 432
    those look good..
    ·
  • BooshwayBooshway Posts: 10
    I was thinking about doing some beef ribs.  You convinced me to give it a shot.  Those really look good!!  Is that a large BGE?
    ·
  • Boosway-Yep it was on the LG.  I could never get beef ribs to turn out the way I liked them untill the Egg.  Being able to keep the egg set at 250 to 280 was key in have tender beef ribs.  On my old smoker I could never keep good consistant heat so they always turned out tough.  Ive done the beef ribs a few more times since these and they get better every time.  A great thing about beef ribs is they are cheap and have super great flavor.  Good luck and ensure to share some pictures. 
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    I bought a couple packs myself to do soon. Problem is by me, I can't find them with more than 2 bones.  
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·