Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New EggHead

CoachTbushCoachTbush Posts: 0
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just bought a large BGE and I love it. It has taken me a little while to figure out to catch my temp. on the way up rather than coming down. Used a little lump figuring it out though. Still love it as does the family..
·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    Good for you. I'm glad you're here.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    Welcome to the cult
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • lilwootylilwooty Posts: 213
    Welcome aboard. I have only had my XL about 6 months, but I have learned so much here. Lot's of good folk here to help with the learning curve.

Living Large and XL

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,666
    As mentioned above-welcome to the cult-and be mindful of the Kool-Aid.  Search and ask away-lots of folks willing to help or make-up some plausible response.  It's a game-changer :)
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    Welcome aboard.   For me, getting a handle on the temp was the key.   Once you get the hang of that - the world is wide open.
    Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • TitanmanTitanman Posts: 30
    Welcome aboard. I have had my large for around two weeks now. 
    It is awesome that you post questions on the forums and there is so many people that is willing to help you.
    ·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    I felt like I gained 6 months of experience in 1 month due to what I learned from people on here.
    Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,982
    Welcome to the cult. You are gonna love it. Do as Mickey (Don Toyota), stike, Travis, Cen-Tex, Cazzy and lousubcap say. Ignore any advice from me.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·