Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corn on the Cobb?

QDude
QDude Posts: 1,052
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Any tricks to doing it on the egg?  How long should I keep it on there?  I will be doing burgers and dogs at 450 degrees or so.  Thanks for your suggestions!

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

Comments

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    just did some tonight raised direct left them in the husk took about 40mins. @300dome your be able to smell them when there ready 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257
    We shuck ours, wrap in foil with some salted butter and yellow curry powder, I'd guess @450 about 25 min, keep em towards the edge and turn em a couple times while your cooking the rest of the stuff.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Peel back the husk to remove the silk, then pull it back over the corn.  Soak in cold water for about 15 minutes prior to putting in on direct @450 towards the outside of the Egg (somewhat indirect) for 15 - 20 minutes.  
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    .Looks like everyone has a different method.  I do raised direct @ 400 with the corn husked.  Turn about a quarter turn every three minutes and they are done in about 12-15 minutes.  Delicious.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    .Looks like everyone has a different method.  I do raised direct @ 400 with the corn husked.  Turn about a quarter turn every three minutes and they are done in about 12-15 minutes.  Delicious.
    Like @Duganboy says but with the husk silk removed

Check out my post (and several other people's also) in this thread for some info that will make your corn consuming a hell of a lot easier.
    XL BGE
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    @chuff i used your method tonight work great thanks 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I do them with the husk on. Just throw them on at whatever temp  the egg is already at(250-500) and do them about 30 min. When you are done, cut the stem end (fat end) off and pinch the thin end and squeeze the cob out like a tube of toothpaste. There should be no silk at all left.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    edited July 2012
    I remove the husk and silk, then I rub with stick butter, then sprinkle with kosher salt, pepper, and garlic salt or powder.  Cook direct on all sides till slightly browned.  My favorite way to have corn, ever.

• gatorBGE
    gatorBGE Posts: 81
    Did some today, took corn out of bag from market onto egg, 450-500 raised direct, turned a couple times, shucked clean as a whistle when done
    Large Egg October 2011
    MiniMax December 2014
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Will have to try this technique next time. I've always pulled the silk first, but this way sounds a lot better.
    Jonathan1970 Posts: 156
    Get two coolers. In the first cooler, buy some beer and ice it down. Shuck and remove silk from corn and place in the 2nd cooler. Bring two or three quarts of water to a boil, then pour over the corn. Close the lid tight and wait thirty
  • Jonathan1970
    Jonathan1970 Posts: 156
    Sorry, hit the post button by mistake. Wait thirty min. and the corn will be steamed to perfection. While waiting go back to the first cooler and enjoy some adult beverages. This also frees up space on The Egg for meat and other vegetables.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    I do them with the husk on. Just throw them on at whatever temp  the egg is already at(250-500) and do them about 30 min. When you are done, cut the stem end (fat end) off and pinch the thin end and squeeze the cob out like a tube of toothpaste. There should be no silk at all left.

This is the way I do it too. Always works like a charm.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• FxLynch said:

I remove the husk and silk, then I rub with stick butter, then sprinkle with kosher salt, pepper, and garlic salt or powder.  Cook direct on all sides till slightly browned.  My favorite way to have corn, ever.

+1 for this. Cooks quickly, tastes great and the left over slightly charred corn is great for salads, salsas....etc