Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ordered My Meat!

Bigfoot
Bigfoot Posts: 154
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am lucky to live near a first rate butcher! I am having a smallish gathering on July 3rd to christen the new Tiki Bar and to have a generally good time (ok it is ALL a sham to allow me to cook WAY too much food). I am guessing there will be around 10 people.
I ordered
1 - 8 lb bone in picnic (boston butt)
3 slabs of thier ultra meaty Spare Ribs
1 - 3 lb Chuck Roast (just because I have never made pulled beef and thought - why not)
2 lbs of thier home made bacon - I love to lay it on my ribs to keep them ultra moist during the 3 part of my 3/1.5/1[p]My plan is to toss the butt on around 7 pm the night before - I figure about 16 hours for that - then wrap it up and cooler it for 5 hours while I 3/1/1 the ribs and cook the chuck (It will probably take 6ish hours).[p]The fall back is to have enough Margaritas, beer and home made bourbon avaialble to keep people happy if the food is a tad late[p]Should be a good time and test of the BBQ guru as well![p]I will take pics!

Comments

• Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Bigfoot, sounds good! More info on the 'homemade bourbon' please ;) Thanks

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Bigfoot,
    I'm about to head out either today or tomorrow for...[p]4 butts
    2 Brisket flats
    9 slabs of ribs
    4 whole chickens
    Burgers
    Brats
    Beer
    Wine[p]You got me with the home made bourbon though.[p]Sounds like all of our friends are in for some real treats over the holiday.[p]Will also be getting some serious chocolate, but that won't be going on the egg.

• Bigfoot
    Bigfoot Posts: 154
    Rumrunner,
    What I really mean to say is the results of my experimentation to resolve the nation’s fuel shortage and energy challenges using readily available grains, techniques and equipment that allow the fermentation followed by the distillation of natural components into a combustible alcohol source. :D

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Bigfoot,[p]I just hung up with the ATF since this was a misunderstanding. [p]LOL