Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjustable Rig Help

TaylorCR
TaylorCR Posts: 34
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ive been humming & hawing over whether or not to buy an Adjustable Rig...Ive finally decided Im buying one in the next few days.

Im the worst at making decisions when it comes to purchases.

I cant decide between the R&B Oval Combo or the Customer Combo...

I cook mostly ribs, chicken, butts, etc... about to start smoking briskets a little more.  I want to venture into pizzas.

So I say all that to say Im sort of at a crossroads as to which one I want / need. 

Any insight from you kind egg folk would be much appreciated. 
I stole two Charolais heifers ...

Little Rock, Arkansas

Comments

• Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489

Get the oval if ribs are very important.  You can do the others on it as well.  I do spatchcocked chickens on the top rack direct and all have been a hit.  Get the spyder and stone as well and you can do it all.  Once you've settled in you can look further,  Many goodies to covet!  Our stove died and we got a high-end gas convection oven about the same time as we got the large BGE.  When I add up all the goodies for the egg from Maveric to Swing Rack this goofy backyard bar-b-que has cost far more than a genuine stove.  This is a life-style choice.  Soon to follow will be a meat grinder.  The BGE can produce the most healthy; best tasting meals but it requires time to learn and time to operate.  The adjustable rig is a great choice for first goodies.

My actuary says I'm dead.
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    this is the set-up i am beginning to use

mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • TaylorCR
    TaylorCR Posts: 34
    has anyone had moderate success cooking pizzas on the R&B Combo?
    I stole two Charolais heifers ...

Little Rock, Arkansas

• I have the customer combo with the oval grate and added the large slide guide, extender and half grid. Haven't found anything I can do.  I often do ribs and chicken, multiple butts and pizza on the rig.  I don't think there is anything more flexible you will find and CGS is the best company to deal with.
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    this is the set-up i am beginning to use

mr toad
    Did the flat cross bars come with your rig or are they an option to be added?  I got the XL AR combo last week but don't have those pieces.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.