Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

XL table and Man Area

doubledouble Posts: 1,214
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I will hope to add to this post rapidly in the coming months this is my blank canvas ... The plan is for it to be my BBQ area corner built in table with my XL is the plan... Any ideas suggestion must haves appreciated. Trying to decide between building a brick table or wood...
Lynnwood WA
·

Comments

• LoggerLogger Posts: 234
    I had mine built but you could do it yourself out of stone if you're decent at masonry.
    OKC area  XL - Medium
    ·
  • KristinnnKristinnn Posts: 133
    Pavers & stone/brick table would look great
    ·
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 562

i just built mine out of pt and cedar.. ideally it would of been made out of pavers, etc

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Pavers ordered blocks ordered building will commence this weekend
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    Just offloaded 6500lbs of materials for my table and patio by myself in the pouring rain. Hope it stops so we can actually build it this weekend!
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos foot print of the table hmmm does it need to be bigger ...
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • EggbertsdadEggbertsdad Posts: 794
    It looks like your BGE is behind prison walls! FREE IT!  :-S
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·
    Haha it's sat On the deck were its been since March... The wife has given me an August 11th deadline for it to be moved...
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • EggbertsdadEggbertsdad Posts: 794
    That doesn't leave much time. After unloading 6500 lbs I'm sure you're exhausted. Keep us posted on how it comes along. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·
    The help arrives tomorrow... I still have another 126 pavers sat at home depot waiting for me
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos. Today's progress wall is built which will surround the sunken BBQ area tomorrow hopefully the eggs home will start to take shape and the steps down will be in place.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos the wall and "table" will be stuccoed to match the rest of the yard.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos. Table starting to take shape
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos. Table starting to take shape
    As the Egg in the Background Patiently waits its new home.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • Just saw this thread, did you reroute the drain down spout? The first 2 pics show it draining into and under the Egg table. 
    ·
    Yes the drain spout is being re routed there is a space behind it the blocks don't go right up to the house so I can do it after the walls built. With the sunken area I am planning a double stepped counter so that people can sit at short stools on the raised side.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos getting there...
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Egg base and steps poured that should support my XL...
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    I'm digging the play by play pics. Count me in!
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93
    ·
  • wallyjarwallyjar Posts: 123
    Great start.  Looking forward to watching your progress
    ·
  • LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Thanks for the info. I'll be watching this progress!
    ·
  • ncbbqncbbq Posts: 257
    Looking good. This will be a nice setup.
    ·
    Thanks all very excited to see this project done and not to be cooking at knee hight!
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • JEC23JEC23 Posts: 131
    Coming on nicely with room for more eggs
    ·
  • NewieNewie Posts: 7
    Coming on nicely with room for more eggs

+1 We got your back here!
    ·
    Yes it it being built in a modular fashion with future eggs in mind.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos couldn't wait to get her into her new home... Pot lifter made easy work of moving it.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • waltinvawaltinva Posts: 36
     Looks great!  Wish we had that much room  Another side effect of egging, the need to upgrade the cooking area. We had our old on grade deck removed and the area done in pavers so the egg would not be embarrassed. 
    ·
  • OnegrecookOnegrecook Posts: 121
    Looks awesome!
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,666
    Impressive!

·