Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mechanical problem

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am having a problem with the lid of my LG BGE. for what reason i do not know, the back portion of the dome is not sitting on the the base properly. i how can i drop the back end of the lid down so it sits properly on the base?[p]Help.....I got 3 butts going on in 2 days time.[p]Thanks in advance for y'alls help.[p]Best,
TF1 in Marblehead, MA

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    TF,
    With the lid closed slightly loosen both band bolts and push ( if necessary) the dome back down on the base and re-tighten the bolts alternately..top 1 turn bottom one turn and so on...the bolts should be tight to the point of bending...HTH[p]Wess

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    TF,
    before loosening the bolts to move the hinge make sure that they are locked. either with the locking clip that came with it or some sort of wire tie. if it is a spring hinge it will open and be much more difficult to put the top back on. if you loosen the band slightly until you feel the dome move into place while pushing on it, you may get awway without using the lock.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    TF,
    It's important to make sure the seat is tight, before you tighten the band bolts. Here's a link to how RRP accomplished that (I just rely on a helper to push the dome down tight).[p]Ken

[ul][li]RRP's Solution[/ul]
  • TF1
    TF1 Posts: 16
    BlueSmoke,
    Many many thanks.[p]TF1