Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks to thebtls

WickedIsland
WickedIsland Posts: 153
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Straight blueberry and soooo good! Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Looks good. What kind of enameled pot is that?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Looks delicous!
  • WickedIsland
    Looks good. What kind of enameled pot is that?

Thanks. It is a LeCruset(sp?) Sometimes you can find them for a decent price at TJMaxx or Marshalls
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I got a nice Cuisinart for half off at TJMaxx. I'd jump on a Lecurset if I found one. My aunt has a full set that is 20 years old and it still is in top condition. Once my $800 Calphalon set wears out, I'll be getting some Lecurset.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • WickedIsland
    I got a nice Cuisinart for half off at TJMaxx. I'd jump on a Lecurset if I found one. My aunt has a full set that is 20 years old and it still is in top condition. Once my $800 Calphalon set wears out, I'll be getting some Lecurset.

It is pricey but worth it. This one is now my egg pan
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    I was worried about the enamel on the egg, so no worries about that?  I just got my first cast iron dutch oven.  
  • WickedIsland
    I was worried about the enamel on the egg, so no worries about that?  I just got my first cast iron dutch oven.  

I have only used it twice at no higher than 4-450 but from what I can tell no problem. I already had it and figure it will be good for everything since regular CI shouldn't be used for acidic food. I haven't used the cover yet but have switched from the stock knob to the metal one just in case (actually did that for my oven long ago but not sure when I will be using that again, lol)