Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bets on how long it lasts...

doubledouble Posts: 1,214
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos. Time now 7.13pm how long till its gone or the kids have rolled it down the hill?
Lynnwood WA
·

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,952
    If not gone by mid-night, then 11 AM Sunday-church you know!
    Louisville
    ·
  • That is the same grill I gave away when I got my egg. 
    :))
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,789
    Donate it to a fire department.
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    The entire inside is rusted out I couldnt do that to the fire department. There is a guy about 5 houses down that goes around collecting scrap metal if it's still there in the AM I will give him a knock.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Last one I put out was gone before I went into the back yard and brought out a second load of trash.  
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,966
    Oooh, what will you use to store your accessories?!?   :(

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • eggoeggo Posts: 432
    Put a price on it, that way somebody will steal it. Nobody steals free stuff.
    Eggo in N. MS
    ·
    If youre still having issues I had success wuth craigslist. Scrapers will get it.
    ·
    Wife's comment whilst building the new egg area today... When you run out of storage space you have to stop buying accessories... Egg area magically got extended I don't know how it happened...
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • KingtUTKingtUT Posts: 129
    I have a smaller version of the same grill......it holds the other side of my deck down now.  :))
    ·
  • zosobao5150zosobao5150 Posts: 114
    I had a larger version of the same grill.  Mine was gone in about 16 hours.
    XL BGE
    ·
    I put mine on craigslist and it lasted 30 minutes.
    ·
    I put mine on craigslist and it lasted 30 minutes.
    ·
  • EggbertsdadEggbertsdad Posts: 794
    Put a price on it, that way somebody will steal it. Nobody steals free stuff.
    THIS! Put a sign for $50 on it and it will be gone before you get back inside your house.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,539
    Same grill I gave away.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
    Still there but guy down the road said he will take it today
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    Lasted a whole 24hrs...
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,018
    I had the same grill. When it blew flames out of the knobs, I decided to get the egg.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,748
    Here in central Texas, that thing would last about two seconds.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • I use my old gasser, which caught fire, to store accessories for the egg.  Funny thing is this weekend my wife started talking about getting a table for the egg, because she is "getting tired of looking at that thing" :)  So don't be to hasty on dumping the gasser....

Simi Valley, California
    ·
    Here's my other post which is why the gasser has to go per the wife's instructions http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1211050#Comment_1211050
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,018
    I've actually thought about picking up a small gasser because my wife doesn't feel comfortable with the egg. Although, I just can't bring myself to do it. I cooked on my parents' Jen Air gasser last weekend. I hated it. Hot spots and uneven temps all over the grid. And that was an expensive grill! I love my egg.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
    My wife is afraid of lighting a match so anything that involves a flame is mine.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·