Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dizzy Pig

1235»

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,496
    "He rubs me the wrong way. Ha."

Nice! That made me laugh. NC humor, I guess.

XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • I'm loving my most recent DP shipment. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    ·
  • RubmyrockRubmyrock Posts: 266
    ncbbq said:

He rubs me the wrong way. Ha.

Hahhaa....
    ncbbq said:

He rubs me the wrong way. Ha.

·
  • I'm loving my most recent DP shipment.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos</

Now that is spicy art at its finest. Nervy nice.

·
  • I'm loving my most recent DP shipment.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos</

Now that is spicy art at its finest. Very finest.

·
  • WickedIslandWickedIsland Posts: 148
    Anyone use the no salt dizzy dust? I need to watch my sodium and want to try this (I love the original)
    ·
  • Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Ribs with Dizzy Dust. Dang they were outstanding. WOW.
    ·
  • Hey wicked, I have not but I can tell you that the most unique flavor in Dizzy Dust is certainly not the salt. You can always add a little salt if you want and that way it will always meet your needs

·
  • ribnrunribnrun Posts: 174
    I have used the salt free. Frankly, it is not as good as the regular. However, it is very tasty for a salt free rub. There is such a limited selection of low sodium seasonings available, and I have never found one I am in love with. The flavor is very similar to DD, but you miss the salt.
    ·
  • WickedIslandWickedIsland Posts: 148
    Both comments noted, thank you! Gonna try it and adjust as needed
    ·
  • NDGNDG Posts: 1,096
    Deaimager Sam . . .
    Columbus, Ohio
    ·
  • I like to mix Dizzy Dust and Swamp Venom half-n-half on pork. The Cow Lick's great on steaks.
    ·
  • DocWonmugDocWonmug Posts: 266
    We got a sample pack of DP. Liked them all a lot. But the Jamaican Firewalk on a spatchcock chicken was our favorite so far. We did not get a good test on the Original Dizzy Dust and am looking forward to trying it again.
    LBGE
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,711
    Newest editions to my family
    ·
  • troutdoctroutdoc Posts: 1
    I'm loving my most recent DP shipment. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

for a little more spice, grab some of the Bulleit Rye if you can find it! delicious!!

fired up my new BGE for the first smoke this weekend with Dizzy Dust on a butt.  was really pleased. the Dizzy Dust is great and a LOT easier than the trial and error rubs that i've tried before.

john

·
  • MattlockMattlock Posts: 64
    I have made many rubs in my day, however....my job requires that I be away from home. I get to fly home every few weeks...And when I'm home, I'd rather spend my time doing other things than making rubs.

I'm still hoping to see the recipe for the rub you have that is similar to Dizzy Dust :)
    Newbie Egghead - Just got a LBGE at the Georgia Eggfest! Life is Good!
    ·
  • Ottawa_EggmanOttawa_Eggman Posts: 111
    edited July 2012
    I have been using different DP rubs since buying my egg in March and the other day I picked up a bottle of Raging River & a bottle of Pineapple Head. So last night I decide it was time to try them. Pork tender lion with RR direct 450 finished with some Bone Suckin', sweet potatoes cut in half brushed with EVOO and sprinkled with PH one the cut side grilled along side the pork and some corn    =D>  NO LEFT OVERS....... :D

Sorry no pics it was raining pretty bad here last night first in week. BTW both with be permanent additions to my line up
    ·
  • Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Thank you DP you are truly world class. ^:)^
    ·
  • Newest editions to my family

That is great! Any plans for a DP spice rack?
    ·
  • pswarrenpswarren Posts: 85
    Our order came today, can't wait to try the new "ish" rubs.
    DP order.jpg 501.4K
    ·
  • Our order came today, can't wait to try the new "ish" rubs.
    WOW! Now that is an order!  You planning for the second coming? That is going to season a ton of meat and veggies. Happy days at the pswarren household.
    =D>
    ·
  • pswarrenpswarren Posts: 85
    edited July 2012
    Our order came today, can't wait to try the new "ish" rubs.
    WOW! Now that is an order!  You planning for the second coming? That is going to season a ton of meat and veggies. Happy days at the pswarren household.

=D>

All of the boxes are full cases too :)

Too bad they will not all end up at my household, but rather on the shelf for our customers. This was a re-stocking order. Don't worry though, some will be going home too.

·
  • That's great. It never dawned on me that you sell it. I just figured you were stocking up. =))
    ·