Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Shrimp appetizer and a partial indirect trick

NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,235
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Our 12 y/o son is heading out tomorrow morning for a week of fishing in FL and he wanted seafood on the Egg for his last dinner before the trip.  I made a shrimp scampi style appetizer first. 

I was going to grill something direct after this but wanted to cook these indirect.  To avoid having to mess with swapping out a hot plate setter, I just put a piece of stoneware on the grate and cooked these on top of it.  Not a big deal and nothing original, but I use this "partial indirect" method a good bit.

I put 5-6 peeled and deveined shrimp each in some oven boats.  I put some butter cubes (about 1-1.5 Tbsp), some chopped garlic, black pepper and a Tbsp of white wine in each boat.

I put them on my large Egg at 450f and cooked until they turned pink, about 7-8 minutes.

When they came out I seasoned them with a little salt and a squeeze of lemon juice.

This sauce is so good that you HAVE to serve it with some "sopping bread" so I had some red pepper & cilantro toast to go with it.

This was "powerful good" and a GREAT appetizer.  We'll definitely be doing this for company at some point. 

The Egg is down to 350f now and I have the salmon ready to go on.  Going plank style and seasoned with DP Raging River. 

Comments