Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Alignment

Options
Newbbqer
Newbbqer Posts: 78
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ok, so just noticed that the top of my new egg is not aligned with the bottom. I'm afraid it's going to drive me crazy, plus when I finally get a table, it won't be right. Anybody have a quick fix for this?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Don't know about a quick fix-but

·         Following is a good link for explanation about addressing all types of alignment issues with the Kamado/BGE; and there are several more via Google-may help you out- Good luck-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Jplxn4yAg  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Newbbqer
    Options
    Interesting video! My issue is different. The lid is turned more to the right. So the handle is not centered over the air vent at the bottom. Wondering if i loosen the screws for the bands on the lid and base and just turn the lid and bands to align it properly, or do I have to completely take it apart.
  • MountainBoyEggin
    Options
    Just don't let the tension on the hinge get you, you may have it fixed by now.  Got a nifty trick for taking the springs off the hinges if needed. 
  • Newbbqer
    Options
    I have not had a chance to mess with it yet, but I saved the spring holders.  I'm thinking if I take the hinge off, and loosen the bottom strap, I should be able to line it all up.  

• Newbbqer
    Options
    Ok, got it aligned, did not have to mess with the springs at all.  I just loosened the bands and turned it.  Ready for action!