Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

pitmaster IQ110

kennykkennyk Posts: 6
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Was curious if anyone on here has any experience or comments regarding the Pitmaster IQ110. Was thinking about purchasing one.
·

Comments

• mokadirmokadir Posts: 114
    I bought one a while ago nd have done 2 18 hr ( pulled pork) and one 6 hr rib cooks (as well as a 2 hour 350 degree cook just to test it). It works fine. As advertised. No frills either and at a good price point. Since I dont have the maverick, it helped me sleep on the overnight cooks much better than before I had it.
    Delaware Valley, PA Large BGE, CGS adjustable rig, iQue110, High-Que grate
    ·
  • Great product at a great price...... Had mine for about one year and works as advertised....
    LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,821
    Debating on this or the auber equal.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    If you are looking for simple without any bells and whistles, this would be the way to go. Looks like its easy to set up and program (turn a dial). Check out The Naked Whiz's website. He's reviewed just about every pit controller out there and he'll compare that one to the Auber (and another one or two) and give you the pro's and con's.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·

Richardson, Texas

·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,821
    Griffin said:
    thanks for the link. That helped me make my decision, i am going with auber.
    ·
    You'll like the Auber. It's what I use and no problems with it so far.

Richardson, Texas

·
  • kennykkennyk Posts: 6
    Thanks for all the input guys......The knowledge of yall on here never ceases to amaze me.
    ·