Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Headed out on vacation....

Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
And I already miss my XL. I spent an hour talking to her this morning telling her my wife is making me leave her, but it is only temporary.  We shared jokes, had a few laughs, and looked at pictures of cooks. I think she understands and we can't wait to reunite. :((
XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93
·

Comments

• EggbertsdadEggbertsdad Posts: 794
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder...Add some Absolute to that and you'll be sending your XL flowers in a few days.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·
  • ccpoulin1ccpoulin1 Posts: 386

Wow man!  We are a bunch of freaks aren't we??? (me included)

I tell my wife It's an "EGG THING", you wouldn't understand.  But the more she eats from my cooks, the more she understands.........

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

·
  • Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    I need a Mini or a Small for this reason alone.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    ·
    ccpoulin1 said:

Wow man!  We are a bunch of freaks aren't we??? (me included)

I tell my wife It's an "EGG THING", you wouldn't understand.  But the more she eats from my cooks, the more she understands.........

My wife understands as well. She certainly doesn't mind me doing to cooking! :))
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,733
    Enjoy vacation.. hopefully while you are gone your egg is faithful. It would kill me to come home to my egg slow cooking a shoulder for someone else. Searing steaks I could forgive, but a low and slow would kill me.
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 1,827
    You're gonna spend vacation thinking of and planning all the cooks you're gonna do when you get home.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio

·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,246
    Enjoy vacation.. hopefully while you are gone your egg is faithful. It would kill me to come home to my egg slow cooking a shoulder for someone else. Searing steaks I could forgive, but a low and slow would kill me.

But it would be nice to come home & found your egg had a small or mini while you were gone.  lol

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • ronthorontho Posts: 108
    Call her every night and have phone (T)rex
    ·
    You guys crack me up. The birth of a mini or small would be amazing! Seeing someone touch my egg would result in a criminal sexual abuse report.
    ·
  • ncbbqncbbq Posts: 257
    I am going on vacation in a couple of weeks to my parents' beach house. That is the good part. The bad part is I will be stuck with a gas grill there for a week while my egg sits at home lonely. Oh the humanity.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,646
    Sometimes vacations are nice to get the creative juices flowing again for your cooks. Not to mention after being away for awhile, the food tastes even better coming off the egg when you get home. Enjoy your vacation.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,442

Hell, take her with you. This one went from Texas to Fl a few weeks ago.

imageimageimage
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • michigan_jasonmichigan_jason Posts: 1,299
    I need a Mini or a Small for this reason alone.
    Yea, but then the XL will get jealous.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • michigan_jasonmichigan_jason Posts: 1,299

But it would be nice to come home & found your egg had a small or mini while you were gone.  lol
    LMFAO! :D

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    You guys are outta control! I got a few tears from laughing. Great post. Oh and sorry you have to resort to phone (T)rex.
    ·
    edited July 2012
    LOL! Some of the comments on here. We took the wife's Volvo XC60. Even a mini should be pushing it for space. I will love, but I miss her!
    ·