Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

15th Annual EGGtoberfest Details

The_Buffalo
The_Buffalo Posts: 455
edited July 2012 in EGGtoberfest
Ladies and Gentlemen, mark your calendars and START YOUR EGGs – The 15th
Annual EGGtoberfest® will be held on Saturday, October 20th, 2012 at
the Atlanta Motor Speedway
. Click the link below for all the details, look forward to seeing you...Thanks!

http://www.biggreenegg.com/events/the-annual-eggtoberfest/
Coming to you from the Mothership!

Comments

• booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    Is anyone planning on going to this?  How hard is it to get the tickets? I read somewhere on the internet that the tickets sell out very fast but I don't believe everything I read on the internet...
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    alyce and and i are going -

mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    What's the discount on the eggs?

XLBGE 
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    I so want to go!
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092

It will be a great weekend for sure....woohoo...

• vidalia1

booksw & others,

There will be 200-300+ cooks & 2000-3000 tasters at Atlanta Motor Speedway so yes people are going to Eggtoberfest. Plenty of room for everyone. Now that the event has moved to AMS the tickets do not sell out quite as quickly but you will need tickets. There are not any walk up sales. The cooks tickets & meet n greet tickets will sell out quicker as there are limited numbers of those. The discounts on BGE's are usually about 20% off normal prices.

Lizzie we hope to see you and lots of other Eggers at AMS. It will be a blast.

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Count me and the wife in long as nothing changes!! Would love to bring a medium home but hvnt talked her into that yet.

XLBGE 
  • LizzieSamps
    If I end up swinging it we need to have a meet and greet for sure!  Funny thing is that is when my kids are on Fall Break!  But I figure it is more of an adult adventure anyway!
  • vidalia1

MrCookingNurse...when you get the OKto buy a BGE buy the large...you will thank me later... :+))

Lizzie...there is a meet-n-greet Friday night put on by BGE (tickets required) then after that there is a group of us that camp at the race track (on the back straight away over looking the track) We have a party Friday & Saturday  night that everyone is invited to...as for kids there are things for them to do depending on ages...also they had NASCAR pace car rides for $10 last year...not sure of the age requirement...any way it is a blast...

• Rubmyrock
    Rubmyrock Posts: 266
  • When does the tickets go on sale and where can i buy them ?
  • jeannette
    jeannette Posts: 1
    I got my husband an Egg a year ago. He LOVES cooking on it...I love eating what comes out of it.
     I want to plan a vacation around going to an EggFest, so he can hang out and talk recipes with other Eggers? IS the Atlanta one worth going to? I don't want him to be disappointed, or have it be just a mass kaos amount of people. I saw some Eggfests that were having one in a Parking lot...so wouldn't want to "travel" to go to that one?! Any ideas of a nice one to plan ahead to go to, on the east coast. We live in Jacksonville, FL.
  • vidalia1

LateEgger...the tickets will go on sale on Monday, Aug 6 at noon on the BGE website...

Jeannette...Yes I highly recommend Eggtoberfest...while it is the largest Eggfest in the country there is plenty of room for the 300 cooks and the 2000-3000 tasters...and the cooks will have time to talk to you about recipes etc...also in March in Melbourne, Fl there is the Sunshine State Eggfest which is smaller (50 cooks 400 tasters) and in May there is the GA Mtn fest in Hiawassee, GA (100 cooks) (1100 tasters)....both of those are fun events also...whichever (we go to all 3) Eggfests you go to be sure to attend an after party....those are fun also... 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Egging in the mountains in north Georgia is awesome but its not till May again I believe. The perfect amount of people and a really nice venue in a nice place. Eggtoberfest is alot of fun also but there will be alot of people but there's also alot of room (Its in the infield of the Atlanta motor speedway) so its not like shoulder to shoulder. We camp in the infield of the speedway Friday and Saturday night at Eggtoberfest and you can walk 2 minutes and be in the fest. Its as much fun after the fests because eggs are set up at many of the camp sites and people just hang out and cook.
  • LizzieSamps
    Getting so excited!! Come on October!
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    I got my husband an Egg a year ago. He LOVES cooking on it...I love eating what comes out of it.
     I want to plan a vacation around going to an EggFest, so he can hang out and talk recipes with other Eggers? IS the Atlanta one worth going to? I don't want him to be disappointed, or have it be just a mass kaos amount of people. I saw some Eggfests that were having one in a Parking lot...so wouldn't want to "travel" to go to that one?! Any ideas of a nice one to plan ahead to go to, on the east coast. We live in Jacksonville, FL.
    @jeannette there are "Eggfests" all over the country.  The Eggtoberfest is put on by the mothership and your husband will be thrilled with all that he sees there.
  • Kristinnn
    Kristinnn Posts: 133
    What is the night before meet n greet like?
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    How many Eggs will be available for purchase??
  • LizzieSamps
    What is the night before meet n greet like?

I hope it is a PARTY!!!
  • This sounds awesome....definitely will try and make it!! We live in Acworth, GA (just north of ATL) so I will try and get some tickets as soon as they come out.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    The night before meet and greet was bad the first year because they let people buy tickets at the gate and didn't know what to expect and alot more people showed up then they thought. Last year the meet and greet was great they had a nice spread of food and free beer (Not cheap beer I was drinking Heineken for hours) and I am pretty sure they had live music on the stage but again there was free beer so I don't remember. For Eggtoberfest in the past they put like 4 or 5 beer tickets in the bags you get at the gate and you get a shirt so even thought its $35 to get in its really a great deal.
  • BoddaGetta
    BoddaGetta Posts: 4
    edited July 2012
    I have had an Egg for 15 years, but have never been to an Eggtoberfest. I am going to make a special effort to go this year. I can't wait!
  • JB1
    JB1 Posts: 1
    Anyone know what the price is for kids on Saturday general admission?
  • jannwj
    jannwj Posts: 6
    Are tickets still going on sale tomorrow? Is that when the link will appear?