Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spray Bottles

easttexasaggie04easttexasaggie04 Posts: 108
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I notice a lot of you spray your ribs with apple juice during the smoke.  Where do you get your spray bottles?  You just put regular old apple juice in them?

Do you ever spray brisket or anything else?

Comments

• Serial GrillerSerial Griller Posts: 1,186
    I use a mop to baste my ribs.But some use apple cider vinegar ,or Jack Daniels, pineapple juice,white vinegar and a dry rub, Dr.Pepper, white vinegar & dijon mustard,The options are endless.Just use your imagination and experiment.
  • tonyledtonyled Posts: 88
    walmart sells them in the beauty aisle
  • psalzerpsalzer Posts: 106
    I spray ribs with apple juice and honey mixed, I add JD to my sauce!
  • rickHPrickHP Posts: 49
    edited July 2012

Home Depot and Lowes sell spray bottles in the home cleaning supplies aisle.

I've used cranberry juice pretty successfully - the sweetened cranberry juice cocktail type.

• Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    Do it right
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Now that is a Spray Bottle! 
  • MO_EgginMO_Eggin Posts: 133
    Misto "Olive Oil" sprayers.  Can find them on Amazon.
    LBGE, St. Louis, MO
  • JWBurnsJWBurns Posts: 334
    I just use an ozarka water bottle and pop a tiny hole in the top. Fill it up, screw the cap, and squeeze. Works like a charm.
  • chuffchuff Posts: 255
    I just use an ozarka water bottle and pop a tiny hole in the top. Fill it up, screw the cap, and squeeze. Works like a charm.
    This.

I always wonder what might be lurking in cheap plastics that were meant to hold liquid cleaners and never intended to be in contact with food.
    XL BGE
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    I sprayed my ribs a few weeks ago with 50-50 apple juice and some vinegar. I don't think spraying with apple juice is the way to go, it deposits too much sugar that ends up turning black. Maybe mostly vinegar would be better. Or don't spray. Also, the spray kind of gets all over everything else and leaves residual cooked sugar deposits. So I'm not spraying my pork shoulders this weekend. There, I said it! 
  • LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    walmart sells them in the beauty aisle
    Tony I bet that is quite a site you picking up sprayer bottles amongst the qtips, makeup sponges, and nail polish.  jk  :-h