Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cazzy,,, U R my inspiration...

smokesniffer
smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
After seeing Cazzy's post the other day, I was wiping drool off my face all day. Very nice. I finally made up my mind and ordered up a small today, with nest and plate setter. It has been a tough decision between a mini or a small. Small it is! Have to wait for a week til it gets in. Thanks to those of you who gave me suggestions. Now let the fun begin (in a week). Will break it in camping shortly after we get it. Yahoo! 
Large, small, and a mini

Comments

• FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    Nice choice, I still have to purchase a second Egg, and  small is pretty tempting.
  • smokesniffer
    Thanks, I am excited about it, should be a lot of fun to have two eggs chugging away on the deck.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • FxLynch
    No doubt.  1 year ago my fiance thought I was crazy when I said some folks had multiple Eggs.  Now she is all for another one, if we get it at the right price.  Two different cooking temps at the same time is a huge advantage.  
  • smokesniffer
    Two temps will be nice. Appys on the small, meal on the large, or having pizza eggtravaganza, just keep the pizzas coming.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • FxLynch
    Or if you are having a large party, throw a pork butt on the small the night before, then fire up the large for burgers, veggies, ABT's, steaks, etc.  The small could be the workhorse while using the large cooking surface for variety.  I think the versatility would be awesome.  Damn...I'm going to end up buying one soon :)

• smokesniffer
    Thanks for the idea. I was procrastinating for a while, my wife kept telling me to go ahead. What a great gal. I love her.  :x
    Large, small, and a mini
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496

Thanks for the idea. I was procrastinating for a while, my wife kept telling me to go ahead. What a great gal. I love her.  :x

Wow... When my wife said yes I bolted for the door!!!
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Congrats on the Small! Please share some pics of it in action during your camping trip!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Rubmyrock
    Rubmyrock Posts: 266
    Good choice. Congrats!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2012

Congrats, like others...the small is my go-to egg.

FYI, some small owners have been complaining of having difficulty achieving temps over 400.  This may be due to the size of the small platesetter.  If I were you, I would look into the Woo from Tom at ceramicgrillstore.com along with the drip pan.  Return the platesetter.  Two 8.5" pizza stones from amazon.com and you have more options than with the platesetter.

No problems hitting 600 with the woo, 8.5" stone, 12" BGE stone....

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364

Also, this carbon steel 12" hand-hammered, wooden handled, pao wok from the wok shop is awesome.  Just set it on the grate....

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Woking is why I got the small to go with my LBGE too.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136

Congrats, like others...the small is my go-to egg.

FYI, some small owners have been complaining of having difficulty achieving temps over 400.  This may be due to the size of the small platesetter.  If I were you, I would look into the Woo from Tom at ceramicgrillstore.com along with the drip pan.  Return the platesetter.  Two 8.5" pizza stones from amazon.com and you have more options than with the platesetter.

No problems hitting 600 with the woo, 8.5" stone, 12" BGE stone....

I couldn't agree more about gettting the woo from Tom.  I also got my stone from him and it's a great set-up.  Combined w/ my high-que, I can easily achieve 700+ temps on my small!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    After seeing Cazzy's post the other day, I was wiping drool off my face all day. Very nice. I finally made up my mind and ordered up a small today, with nest and plate setter. It has been a tough decision between a mini or a small. Small it is! Have to wait for a week til it gets in. Thanks to those of you who gave me suggestions. Now let the fun begin (in a week). Will break it in camping shortly after we get it. Yahoo! 

Glad I could help you out bro!  You're going to love it! 

Don't get it twisted, the small is a work horse and can travel pretty well w/out removing internals.  Check out this thread...I cooked 4 meals for 10 peeps with no problem.  Just like all the mini guys, a lil creativity will get you alot out of your small.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1139543/my-sbge-weekend-adventure#latest

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....