Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

well, it finally happened

krobertsmsnkrobertsmsn Posts: 548
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I cooked my second pizza (first bpmbed), used whole foods dough (awesome) and had a delish pie!...then I smelled a burning rubber scent....yes...I fried my gasket. So what's the next move? do I call and BGE sends another? I've had my egg bout 3 mos. I knew it was coming based on my lurkings of the board. I cooked my pie around 550 on raised grate, just above felt line, platesetter legs up, grate, small green eggs pieces and pizza stone....oh well....
LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
Rome, GA
·

Comments

• deon02deon02 Posts: 6
    What gasket?  I've had my egg for about a year and did not know it had a gasket.  Where is it located?
    ·
  • krobertsmsnkrobertsmsn Posts: 548
    around the rim where the lid and body come together-it's dark gray felt with adhesive holding it in place.
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
    ·
  • deon02deon02 Posts: 6
    Ok thanks.  The felt I understand!  I just didn't know it was referred as a gasket (I always think of those as rubber or silicone or something like that).
    Just replaced mine last weekend.
    ·
  • Haven't had a gasket on my egg in a year.  Still going strong without it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • jleon401jleon401 Posts: 33
    I had my LBGE for about three weeks and fried the gasket! I went with the High-Que Nomex gasket. Found it on amazon. Although pretty pricey...i think it will be well worth it.

LBGE, Smoke Hollow 4-in-1, Charbroil Big Easy, and Weber Smokey Joe.
    ·
  • FxLynchFxLynch Posts: 433
    Rutland, and be done with it.
    ·