Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT's

Options
otter
otter Posts: 342
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
New since spring, good chicken and salmon, (they are jump n in the boat in Lake Michigan, fish that is..) plz explain ABT's, peppers and bacon and....?
Thx. Otter
Pure Michigan
Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE

Comments

• dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Options
    Here is a basic ABT recipe.  They are very good on the egg.

-Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • twlangan
    twlangan Posts: 307
    Options
    This is the way I make them. There are all kinds of variations to ABT's.

Jalapeño cut in half lengthwise, seeds and membranes removed.
    Cream cheese to fill the "boat", slightly less than level full.

Smokie link placed in the boat of cream cheese.

1/2 slice of thin cut bacon wrapped around the whole thing, with a toothpick through the bacon and smokie link to hold it all together.

I sprinkle them with ground chipotle pepper.

Cook at 300 deg, indirect until peppers are soft and bacon looks done.

About 10 min prior to removing them, I pour Sweet Baby Ray's Raspberry Chipotle BBQ sauce over them. The last 10 min of cooking sort of "sets" the sauce.

Remove and enjoy. I like mine with some sour cream to ease the heat just a bit. The BBQ sauce really makes these, in my opinion. It adds some sweetness and the combination of that with the heat of the peppers and ground chipotle powder really is a culinary delight.

As for variations - I've seen recipes with sausage in the filling with the cream cheese, cayenne pepper and paprika with the cream cheese, cheddar added, etc. All in how you like them, so experiment and try new things. Most of all, post your results here for the rest of us to see and glean ideas from!
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Pretty much the same here, but instead of a smokie link, I use chorizo.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    Thanks, have did the same w/ no bacon in the oven. Have also used the same in mushroom caps, that is good, need to do on the egg. I did do peppers w/ venison wrapped in turkey bacon. no cheese for a friend, health reasons.. I need to step it up now .... Thx
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE