Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

A nod to Car Wash Mike

CookinupnorthCookinupnorth Posts: 79
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ive had my BGE for a year and made 8-10 batches of ribs and had not hit the mark until....tonite.  Tonite I followed car wash Mikes recipe!  I lost my wife 4 years ago to cancer at 42 and so I get a little sentimental when I hear of others whoa re too soon gone...such as Mike.  Anyway Mike I hope you are making my lovely angel some nice ribs.
AT
·

Comments

• BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    Your story is touching. I have had two friends who were too soon gone from cancer.
    Your ribs look delish on a more upbeat note.
    ·
  • BrowninggoldBrowninggold Posts: 453
    Sorry for your losses. I wish there was no such thing as cancer. My 16 yr. old son just beat stage 4 TC. And my oldest brother who was a Master Chief in the Navy passed away @ age 53 of male breast cancer just recently.
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,116

@Browninggold

Congrats to your son. Hope he is back to his old self soon. I just started my 3rd week of the 7 week protocol for stage 4 throat cancer. The body is changing but my spirits are forever up, thanks to all the great people on this forum!!!

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • BrowninggoldBrowninggold Posts: 453
    Thanks billyray. Prayers your way. God is Good.
    ·
  • Thanks everyone...spirits up...body will follow. Love this forum..love my egg :)
    ·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,661
    My SIL just finished her first round of chemo. Hard to see her go through this. Wishing everyone well who is affected by this terrible disease. It is kind of cool, some of us wouldn't know each other on this forum if we bumped into them, but we can extend heart felt best wishes and prayers. Gotta love that. God is Good.
    ·