Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When is my brisket done? Quick...

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Put a brisket on this morning at 0720 and has been cooking for 13 hrs. The grill temp has been a constant 225 thanks to my guru and the meat temp shows 190 now. I am trying for 195 and thought I would leave it on until 2300 tonight, giving it nearly 16 hrs of cook. But it I reach, and I surely will...my 195 before then, should I go ahead and crack the lid and take it off, or just cook it until 11? I guess my point is, once the goal meat temp has been met, is it done? Or should I let it cook there for a while?

Comments

• Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    Options
    Smokin'T,[p]I would pull it now. I usally pull mine 185-190...pending the fork test. Check out the Dizzy Pig BBQ site about the fork test. Basically, you will want the fork to twist easily. [p]Steve-B
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Smokin'T,[p]Pull it, wrap it in foil, wrap it in a beach towel, and toss it in a cooler or a warming drawer (left off) or whatever you have around. Eat it when you feel like it. There's a fine line between 'done' and 'dry.' Didja poke it a couple places to see if that temp is consistent? If you have a flat and a point, the flat might be one temp and the point a little lower. If so, whack off the point and wrap up the flat part as above. Cook the point until it catches up temp-wise and let it join its better half.[p]I'm getting hungry. DAMN this forum does me in.[p]mShark