Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef tenderloin (a simple photo).

allitnils
allitnils Posts: 109
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
hi all,
been rather busy the past week, and so my definition of cooking has basically been defrosting soups and eating lots of raw veggies - purely for convenience.
As fate would have it, I had time on Sunday lunch to play in my kitchen, so I fired up the egg, and while it came to temperature, went down to the market and picked up a small piece of beef tenderloin which looked simply remarkable.

The result:
Seared slices of beef with a potato puree (recipe below) which turned out incredibly velvety, some seasonal vegetables (in this case, steamed pumpkin, asparagus and beetroot) and a cherry and espresso jus.

For perfect potato puree (which is, in fact, not my recipe but has been stolen from Heston Blumenthal).
Peel the potatoes and cut them into 2.5cm (1in) slices. Run the slices under cold water to wash off surface starch. Heat a large pan of water until it reaches a temperature of 80C/175F (you'll need to use a good-quality heat thermometer, with the probe placed in the water. Add the potatoes and simmer for half an hour being careful to maintain the temperature at 70C/160F. Drain the potato slices and run them under cold water until completely cool.2Rinse the pan and refill with cold water. Salt the water and bring it to the boil, then lower to a simmer. Add the cooked, cooled potatoes and cook until soft. Drain the potatoes, then place them back in the pan. Shake the pan over a gentle heat to get rid of any remaining water.Tip the potatoes into a ricer and rice the potatoes over a bowl containing the cold butter. Push the buttery riced potatoes through a fine-meshed drum sieve for a silky, light texture. 
To serve, reheat it gently in a pan, while gradually whisking in a little warm milk.

Comments