Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

15-10-10 Chicken

Options
Jamie Loeb
Jamie Loeb Posts: 1
edited November -1 in Poultry

Ingredients

4-9 Bone-in Chicken Breasts with Skin On
Extra Virgin Oil Oil (EVOO)
Your Favorite Seasoning. For Chicken I like Badia Complete Seasoning
Your favorite Basting Sauce (My favorite is below)
2 small handfuls or around 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Cherry or Apple Wood Chips
My Favorite Basting Sauce is a Honey Glaze from Adam Perry Lang (Serious Barbecue)
2 Tablespoons of Honey (I use 4 Tablespoons to break up the Apple Cider Vinegar)
Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon of coarsely chopped Flat-Leaf Parsley
Up to 3 Serrano Peppers Thinly sliced with seed and vein removed (For more spice add some of the seeds)

Combine Ingredients and store in a glass container. You must use glass because of the lemon juice. This makes enough for about 4 breasts.

Instructions

Soak your smoking wood for at least an hour. Pre-heat your egg to 350 degrees and set up for direct cooking. Clean chicken and dry with paper towel. Rub all sides with Olive Oil (EVOO) and season to your liking. After the BGE has maintained it's temperature at 350 degrees add wood chips. (Remember, this is direct cooking and too much wood chips will give the chicken a most powerful smokey flavor.) Clean and wipe your grate with oil Put the chicken on the Grill Bone side down. Cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes baste then flip the chicken to skin side down and baste the bone side. Cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes baste the bone side of the chicken, flip and baste the skin side of the chicken. This will be the last basting so you can clean the basting dish and brush. Cook for 10 minutes. After the last 10 minutes check the Temperature with a quick read thermometer. It should read 160 degrees. (If you cook the chicken at 325 to about 340 degrees the time will be closer to 15-12-12.)

Notes

I have cooked this chicken many times and the 15-10-10 formula works every time as long as I keep the temperature at 350 degrees.

Number of Servings: 4-9

Time to Prepare: 30 minutes

Comments