Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Balsamic Baby Back Ribs

DavekatzDavekatz Posts: 761
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

Haven't posted any pics for awhile, but these ribs were so good I just had the share:
http://www.food-fire.com/index.php/2012/07/14/balsamic-baby-back-ribs/

Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
·

Comments

• EggbertsdadEggbertsdad Posts: 794
    Looks fantastic. I've been looking for a new rib recipe. THANKS!
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,471
    Thanks for passing the recipes on. I've been tending more and more toward vinegar based sauces and marinades. Using balsamic sounds great.
    ·
  • TarHeelBBQTarHeelBBQ Posts: 317

Those look incredible!!!

I am trying them the next I do ribs.

Thanks,

TarHeelBBQ

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,808
    I use half balsamic half allegro hot and spicy as a baste on my ribs with red eye express rub finished with Stubbs sweet heat. I've placed in compitition and everyone loves them. The viniger sets the whole thing off.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,140
    I make balsamic pork chops all the time, never thought to do ribs.  C'mon, Saturday!!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,764
    Looks great Dave!!  Nice pics too! :)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,764
    I use half balsamic half allegro hot and spicy as a baste on my ribs with red eye express rub finished with Stubbs sweet heat. I've placed in compitition and everyone loves them. The viniger sets the whole thing off.
    Those sound great Travis!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·