Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

You get one meal to show off your Egg

FanOfFanboys
FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
So you get one meal to show off your Egg. Whether to make a sale or convert someone who doubts the Egg. What meal do you choose and why? It can be the one you make the best or the one where you think the Egg has its greatest impact. Bonus points if you have pictures
Boom

Comments

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Every time I make Spatchcock Chicken, the guests love it - never had a better chicken. This is sometimes true of Brisket but they aren't as consistent.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • Kristinnn
    Kristinnn Posts: 133
    I think chicken wings are great on the egg.. all that yummy crispy skin.  I like to put the buffalo wild wings dry rubs on them. 
  • xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    Pizza, i mean, i can bbq a chicken, but how many times have you had a perfect pizza off a grill
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

One meal, or one item?

Start off with some apps of charbroiled oysters, turtle eggs and abt's, move onto a grilled ceaser salad, followed by brisket and beans and finish it off with a pineapple upside down cake and a giant peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. You did say one meal. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    At the risk of sounding cliche, I think I would go with pork butt because they always seem to come out great. I do not have the same level of consistency on other things yet as I've only been egging for about 3 months. Plus in NC pork is BBQ.
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615

One meal, or one item?

Start off with some apps of charbroiled oysters, turtle eggs and abt's, move onto a grilled ceaser salad, followed by brisket and beans and finish it off with a pineapple upside down cake and a giant peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. You did say one meal. ;)

. One meal. You get full course, if you want, to make this impression. But has to be all done on egg
    Boom
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Spatchcock chicken, baked potatoes, and grilled asparagus wrapped in proschuto.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Griffin

One meal, or one item?

. One meal. You get full course, if you want, to make this impression. But has to be all done on egg
    But of course. I forgot a soup. How about a grilled gazpacho soup or a grilled corn chowder to go along with everything else?

Rowlett, Texas

• Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    I love bone-in chicken thighs trimmed and marinated in mojo for several hours. Then sprinkle "Shakin' the Tree" on them and set the BGE up raised direct at 400. Toss a nugget or 2 of hickory on there and grill them for about 45 minutes to an hour. PERFECT!
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Grilled vegetables (baby bella mushrooms, squash, zucchini, red/yellow/green bell peppers, vidalia onions, campari tomatoes) on wire skewers, asparagus, skewered chicken bites and seared rare tuna steaks (~15-20 seconds on each side).  Everyone may know that you can smoke for long periods of time, but not realize the versatility of you being able to grill veggies etc. and then crank it up to 800+ degrees to sear tuna.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    i think the easiest thing for people to compare (from their own experience) is a simple steak.  they've had steak enough to believe that they do it well, and that it is hard to improve.

then you give them one from a charcoal grill, and their mind is blown. salt and pepper only.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Down here it would be brisket. You drop a "this is the best I've ever had" brisket on someone down here, it means something. Plus it's hard to do so most people don't even understand how to do it right.

Not pics of my best effort but you get the idea
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168

I would go with the boneless, skinless chix breasts-no other grill/smoker I know consistently delivers moist and flavorful chix. I will defer to Griffin for his overall menu-quite a banquet...

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Steak. Impossible to get the high heat you get on an egg on almost any other grill. Ose that are used to gassers or even a Weber will be blown away.

Buckeye Bob
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • How about some Pork Filets with grilled vegetable sides....use Jack Daniels Smoke Chips for unbelievable flavor!! Your guests will enjoy them over most Beef Filets!!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    would have to be breakfast

ribeye with quail eggs

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Griffin
    That is my kind of breakfast, Fish. perfect steak to egg ratio! ^:)^

Rowlett, Texas

• Or Egged Benedict

• Rubmyrock
    Rubmyrock Posts: 266
    At the risk of sounding cliche, I think I would go with pork butt because they always seem to come out great. I do not have the same level of consistency on other things yet as I've only been egging for about 3 months. Plus in NC pork is BBQ.
    Agreed... Steak would be my second choice. Wings can go sideways fast. Hard to ruin a pork butt
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Down here it would be brisket. You drop a "this is the best I've ever had" brisket on someone down here, it means something. Plus it's hard to do so most people don't even understand how to do it right.

The last Texan I had say that to me bought a lg the next week.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • travisstrick

Or Egged Benedict

I see what you did there. Quite clever.
  • travisstrick

Or Egged Benedict

• Down here it would be brisket. You drop a "this is the best I've ever had" brisket on someone down here, it means something. Plus it's hard to do so most people don't even understand how to do it right.

The last Texan I had say that to me bought a lg the next week.
    Me too!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Never would have guessed it when I purchased my egg, but it's tough to beat stir fry. The stuff they call "Chinese" around my parts is just salt and grease
  • brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    +1 on the spatch chicken
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

Or Egged Benedict

Even made the Hollandaise in the egg that time

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
  • Bullhalsey
    Bullhalsey Posts: 108
    Without a doubt, my 18 hour smoked pork butts....every time I cook em, the response has been "that's the best pulled pork I've ever had"