Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grill Grates - really are GREAT!

MikeG
MikeG Posts: 174
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

My Groupon buy arrived this week and I was able to try them out in my Large today.  All 3 won't fit and I'm not going to cut the corners so I used two and the fit was good.

My Wife and I had prepped 26 Vietnamese beef/lamb rolls wrapped in grape leafs.  Once the coals were going good I placed the GG's on the rack to heat up good for 10 mins then laid the skewered rolls atop them.

The difference these things make in the finished product is absolutely amazing.   Sear marks like on the cover of a cookbook.  The juices & fat flow down to those flats and the char-flavors achieved are far better than what I've achieved without the GG's.  With all the commotion of steam and smoke coming up off the flats cooking time seems to be shorter as well.  Cleanup between the rails was an easy wipe with a paper towel. 

Grill Grates are a great invention and I hope the mfr achieves all the success in the world with them.  Whether on my Eggs or my Weber Performer I know I'll use them whenever the cook method allows.

Comments