Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Portobello Mushrooms

Dan4BBQ
Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I picked up some portobello mushrooms for dinner.

Does anyone gave a good recipe?  They looked too good to pass---

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I just scrape out the gills and put stuff like procuito, pancetta, sundried tomatoes and cheese on top and do them indirect at around 350*. You can put anything you like in as long as there is cheese on them

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    I cut off the stem and season the big caps with olive oil, salt, and pepper and cook them with whatever else is going on- direct or indirect- flipping them over occasionally.  They take a little longer than other veggies on the grill but they are very tasty- especially if you leave them on long enough to really cook though!  I usually cut them up before serving them- some people are not too eager to put a big slab of mushroom on their plate.
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Do any/all the above, season with little butter and your choice of herbs..good eats.  Another thing I do with bellos is make a bello'burger.  Egg and season bellos and cook which the burger meat, then use the bellos as the bun and add cheese and bacon....  That is really good eats.  Remember to scrape out the gills.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Goat Cheese sometime I just put some steak sauce in them. Endless possibilites.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• 10Driver
    10Driver Posts: 88
    I like to marinate with Italian dressing before grilling them. Slice into strips after grilling or serve whole.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    I like to marinate with Italian dressing before grilling them. Slice into strips after grilling or serve whole.
    That's how I normally make them, yum!

My "Bello'burgers", however, are a whole portobello in between a hamburger bun, no meat necessary.  Never tried them with cheese; damn is it Monday tomorrow already?!? 
    :((

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure