Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 small pork butts

Options
muttin
muttin Posts: 45
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I am going to cook 2 small pork butts I want too try 1 with injection and 1 with out. I bought 1 9 pound butt and had them cut it in 1/2 so I have 2 4.5 pound butts my question is do you figure the same for time 1.5 hours per pound ? Or is it different with 2 small butts I am going to do low and slow at 250-275. Right now I am thinking about 13 1/2 hours to get it to temp but not sure

Comments

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I would guess you are looking at more like 8 hours total but that's just a guess. Always cook to internal temp.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    +1 with Hi54putty on the approximate (key word) time.  They will each cook on their own terms so monitor the temps of both as you approach the 190's.  Use the FTC to get you to the eat time so estimate long and adjust the start-time accordingly.  Enjoy the journey-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.