Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swing rack?

Comments

• CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    Bayside, those sound awesome...dry mustard and oregano, buffalo and peach. You need to share those combinations with me.

Join my forum and share those reciepes with me.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • CGW1
    I noticed 2 of you joined my forum...thanks and you have been activated, come by and post often...I need posters.
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Franco - what is the estimated delivey time if I order a swing rack?

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390

Franco,

No matter what you do, keep the production here. I will pay the extra, and i bet that most folks here would as well.  It might be a good subject to run a poll on!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• CGW1
    Scott I was told 1-2 wks, get your order in, at this rate I'll have to place another production run and that will be 4-6 wks easy. So get your order in so I can get yours out on this order I have coming in.

CC-I have no intentions on going anywhere outside the US. I may shop around country for a better manufacturing cost, but it'll stay here in the states.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Make sure your product displays: proudly made in the USA.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    I have the "patent pending" edition. Old school :))
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Just ordered!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    Had my table for a couple of months and love it

Just got my stainless from Tim (            217-653-0654      ).

Thanks Tim--the table is awesome.  The counter space and the storage are both excellent.  The extension shelves make the table---large.

I only used it twice in the cart but we are already in love.

Dan

• Stoater
    Stoater Posts: 292

Any one have more pics of searmarks using the swing rack, or better yet anyone used the top grate on a spider in the firebox, pics if you have them please.

Cheers.

• CGW1
    Scott. Thanks for ordering!!! Wow this thread is really amazing, let's see how long we can make it. Any chance there's someone from egg HQ noticing this and may express an interest in the rack system??
  • CGW1
    :D Thanks in advance. I totally understand, sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
  • Dumb Question

Can you use this with the lower grate as a raised grill?  with a woo?

• Sgt93
    @Dan4BBQ what thread are you looking for!? :))
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Low carbon steel, it'll season like cast iron, the more you use it the better it performs.

Checkout our videos at our web site.

We've had a set of carbon steel frypans for over a decade.  We love them and they get better every year.  It's a great metal for putting heat to meat.
    Firing up some steaks in mine right now. :)
    Dude, u r a carnivore to Nth degree.
  • TigerRVer
    TigerRVer Posts: 27
    Below is a pic of my first ever cook on my XL Grill Dome.  The Grill Dome has a 22" main grate and the 18" raised grate.  I had some issues with my Swing Grate after a few cooks and have been without it for over 3 months now.  However, I still think it is a great product and hope to get a new one back soon. 
  • Sgt93
    Low carbon steel, it'll season like cast iron, the more you use it the better it performs.

Checkout our videos at our web site.

We've had a set of carbon steel frypans for over a decade.  We love them and they get better every year.  It's a great metal for putting heat to meat.
    Firing up some steaks in mine right now. :)
    Dude, u r a carnivore to Nth degree.
    :)) I love steaks. I would eat the bastages daily if I could.  Pizza is a close second. 
  • CGW1

Dumb Question

Can you use this with the lower grate as a raised grill?  with a woo?

Sorry I can't answer that. I don't have any of Tom's products to try the system with.
  • Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    WOW!!!! Blown away with this thread! Once again thank you to everyone that has commented and for all the orders that have been coming in. I'm truly touched.

Warranty wise, I feel our product is well built to withstand some very long term use, should anyone have an issue please let me know and I'll work with you as best I can, customer support is very important to me!!

With the use of the plate setter or any type of indirect setup, I would recommend ordering the post kit. What this will do is give you more flexibility for the up and down feature the upper rack has. With the standard post, you will strike the indirect setup below the main, so switching out the shafts will gain you more functionality.

If you have any questions please contact me.

Thanks again everyone.

I just ordered the post kit.  I am able to jiggle and squeek past the stone on my spyder but the post kit would be quicker, easier and safer.  I'm just glad I got my rack before it goes big-time with offshore manufacture and sold by every grill dealer in the world.  My personal feeling is that this product is so well made it's not worth offshore/high-volume manufacture to save a few bucks.  The problem may be production numbers but that's a false worry.  Is more customers than you can supply a problem?  No,  just ask Harley Davidson.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • CGW1
    edited July 2012
    I truly appreciate the kind words and the advice....your points are duly noted, again I have no intentions on any offshore manufacturing.

On that note lets open up another discussion. Those of you that purchased and are using the system, do you feel the price is worth the product, or do we think you over paid??

The replies should be interesting.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Franco send me the rack so I can comment. :D

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• CGW1
    :D Good 1
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    I was trying to wait and save a couple of dollars.

I'll order mine tonight.

Dan
  • CGW1
    Thanks Dan
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    @ CGW1-if you are interested in the price vs product comments you may want to open that thread-that said, you will notice that I was the first to respond to the OP's inquiry about the system.  I absolutely think it is worth the money but to be fair I have not spent lots of $$ on other after-market accessories.  Been using it for almost a year-with no hiccups and don't expect any.  (Just gotta clean the swing rack stock piece every so often).  Based on what I see and read, I am one of the truly lucky ones in that I got your modified rig (able to clear the LBGE platesetter and before you reverted to the original design) and don't need the different sized stock pieces.  Anyhow, glad you have gotten all this traction, visibility and sales.  Been a long road I'm sure and it looks like a very bright future.  Congrats!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CGW1
    @ lousubcap- thank you so much for the well wishes. Yes your are among the very few that have a modified 2 tier.

It's great to have someone like you who has had the rack for as long as you've had it to post and let everyone know that it's holding up well.

Price wise I feel it's priced accordingly for how it's made and I don't want people to think we're greedy or over charging. I'm just curious as to what the folks who have it feel about the price vs the product.
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    edited July 2012
    @ lousubcap- thank you so much for the well wishes. Yes your are among the very few that have a modified 2 tier.

It's great to have someone like you who has had the rack for as long as you've had it to post and let everyone know that it's holding up well.

Price wise I feel it's priced accordingly for how it's made and I don't want people to think we're greedy or over charging. I'm just curious as to what the folks who have it feel about the price vs the product.
    Franco, why did you stop making the modified 2 tier rack in favor of independent different length shafts?
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • CGW1
    The hole on the main grate was at the 3:00 position and at the furthest point on the grate (very edge), when the upper grate would be swung out of the way, the whole system would tip if there was no counter weight (food) on the main grate, it had no way to tip out as the side of the cooker would keep the system contained, but it didn't seem right, pay all this money and the darn thing would tip if you forgot to keep food on the main, so we went back to our original design.
  • Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    Just did steak fries and ribeye on the swing.  I don't parboil the potatoes. The wife marinates the fries in some sort of olive oil secret recipe.  It was sooo convenient.  Put the fries on the upper rack and let them go.  210 f till they're done.  When close I threw on the ribeyes and flipped at 4 minutes and done in 7 or so.  I couldn't do that before so easily.  I ran at 400 dome and will go 450 next time.  The carbon-steel left great black marks on the meat while still on the rare side inside.  I love my swing.  The price is above mediocre.  The quality is superbe.  I don't know anything about market research but if someone is willing to spend what it takes to get a BGE, they'll spend what it takes to get a rock-solid well machined American product.  If CGW wants to go foreign. wiggley. and cheap to capture a huge market share, God bless then and the the Lamborignis they will be driving.  I got mine and I'm fine!
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    As he said before, no intention of going foreign. I will be ordering mine if I ever get my twins out of diapers!
    Mark Annville, PA