Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New to the Egghead family - Oregon style!

mcmacmcmac Posts: 383
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Good evening everyone,

Well, I finally did it and took the plunge! I'm now up to my neck with a brand new XL and all that goes with learning the ropes. In fact, I'm currently sitting outside at 10:50pm local time making sure I can control the dome temp. So far things are going well, my goal was to maintain a temp at 300 and I have been holding pretty constant at about 295 for the last 40 minutes or so. This thing is going to be a lot of fun!
I currently have a very nice Traeger pellet grill, so I was beyond shocked when I asked my wife if I could get a BGE and she immediately said yes. I couldn't believe it... as you can imagine, I was out the door before she could change her mind. Just got it put together and fired up some lump... working on temp control. 
I've been lurking in the forum for a while now and really appreciate all of the useful information provided by the members. In fact, I plan to break this guy in right with by hosting a wedding rehearsal dinner in a couple of weeks. Between the Traeger and the Egg I will be making 3 briskets and 15 rack of ribs... I can't wait to get started. Barbecue is addicting isn't it!!

XL BGE -  Med BGE - Traeger Pellet Hillsboro OR

Comments