Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Whats wrong with you people

mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,731
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
On our tour de evacuation we have stayed in TN, KY, TX, VA, west VA, illinois, and Florida... Why would you live anywhere with hot heat and humidity. Lol im dying here.
·

Comments

• mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,731
    Also while visiting fam in FL i learned about fire ants and what happens if you step on one of their hills. No bueno
    ·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    I live in IL, but just spent a week in Santa Barbara. 70 everyday with no humidity. It was awesome.
    ·
    Yeah. I live in CO. Welhen i left we had 3 percent humidity
    ·
    *when

Something i really enjoyed in FL was the gulf ocean water. We went to st. George and the water was in the 70's. Which was awesome. Im originally from the coast in Washington state and never experienced water that warm
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,834
    I have lived in Maine, Nebraska, and Pennsylvania. I currently live in SC

I could never imagine living anywhere but this area. I'd never head back to the cold. Humidity never really bothers me.
    I'd do S Cal if weren't for crazy people/laws. I'd do southern Texas but I only speak English.
    GA/SC my perfect balance.
    Tho I'd leave SC for Savanah in a heartbeat.
    Boom
    ·
  • bookswbooksw Posts: 234
    I live in SC too and we love it here.  It takes a certain mindset to appreciate humidity- sort of like a comfortable blanket.  I actually miss it when I am in a dry climate.  
    Charleston, SC
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,834
    I live in SC too and we love it here.  It takes a certain mindset to appreciate humidity- sort of like a comfortable blanket.  I actually miss it when I am in a dry climate.  

I agree. I spent a summer in Oklahoma and was def a diff kind of heat. I felt it took a bigger toll on me than our weather ever did.

What parts of SC you from?
    Boom
    ·
  • twlangantwlangan Posts: 293
    Humidity vs pests that can kill you = I'll take the frozen, humid, sweltering tundra of Wisconsin.  ;)

This summer has been different. Most years, we turn the air on if it gets above 85F due to the humidity. It is so dry here this year that we have ran it very little. A fan moving air around the room as been sufficient. The corn and soybeans, on the other hand...
    ·
  • On our tour de evacuation we have stayed in TN, KY, TX, VA, west VA, illinois, and Florida... Why would you live anywhere with hot heat and humidity. Lol im dying here.

Well, when you were gone, I was in your town and it was 103 degrees, 40MPH winds and the whole place was on fire. I'm in the pool today enjoying the texas summer :)

·
  • but it can be brutal down here, no doubt. Keeps all the Californians from moving here :))

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,303

And the Canadians. You don't want them around

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • And the Canadians. You don't want them around

I love Canadiens. They (and the Russians) are about the only people on the planet I can look at with pride and say "at least I don't drink as much as THAT guy"

·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,568
    I live in NC. 1 hour to the mountains and 3.5 hours to the beach. Also, we have never had to evacuate for anything. I prefer to live here and visit Colorado.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
    And hippies
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,568
    I assume you went to either Asheville or Chapel Hill. Both are excellent people watching.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,303

And the Canadians. You don't want them around

I love Canadiens. They (and the Russians) are about the only people on the planet I can look at with pride and say "at least I don't drink as much as THAT guy"
    Ya gotta work hard to be number one

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • bookswbooksw Posts: 234

I agree. I spent a summer in Oklahoma and was def a diff kind of heat. I felt it took a bigger toll on me than our weather ever did.

What parts of SC you from?
    Charleston  :)
    Charleston, SC
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,049
    And you didn't even make it to MS or AL. It's always 100 and the air is so think you can chew it. Walk outside all dressed up and clean then you are suddenly drowning in the humidity!! Ha, but I wouldn't trade it it anything!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Serial GrillerSerial Griller Posts: 1,186
    I'm dying here in Colorado.since March 71 days with fire restrictions..no egging.I'd go for some rain,humidity and anything cooked on my egg.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,236
    This thread reminds me of "where you stand is where you sit".
    Louisville
    ·
    We went through 17 states. . Only stopped in the ones mentioned above
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,236
    @mountaindewbass-Trust you arrived home and all is well after those incredibly destructive fires. Hopefully the thieving slime that you mentioned on your way out have been dealt with in a very harsh manner.  BTW-are you on the hook for your road-trip BBQ assessment or am I all screwed-up here?  Regardless, I'm sure it's great to be home.  Time to fire up the BGE-if the fire codes allow.
    Louisville
    ·
    ) still driving actually. 3 hrs till our home
    ·
    So now that im home... I tried 5 bbq places.. All were pretty horrible minus texas roadhouse steakhouse.. A chain. All the mom and pop bbq places were so so
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    Burn ban here too, but not on grills. Only on open burning. Hope that doesn't include cigars because I'd be breaking the law. ;)
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • gatorBGEgatorBGE Posts: 80
    Born and raised in central Fl, lived there for 40 years until we moved to N Georgia.  Now, when I leave work it can be humid and hot, but when I get home on top of the "mountain" (1600' elev.) the humidity is mostly gone and there's a breeze. LOVE IT.

Large Egg October 2011
    MiniMax December 2014
    ·
  • troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 455
    Humidity vs pests that can kill you = I'll take the frozen, humid, sweltering tundra of Wisconsin.  ;)

This summer has been different. Most years, we turn the air on if it gets above 85F due to the humidity. It is so dry here this year that we have ran it very little. A fan moving air around the room as been sufficient. The corn and soybeans, on the other hand...
    I love it up here, but not looking forward to that mosquito hatch once the rain starts again...
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,056
    I just run from the air conditioned house to the air conditioned shop or the air conditioned car.  Seriously, it's been raining for ever.  Not that hot for New Orleans last couple of weeks.  We did have power outages all morning, I'm guessing because of storms.  Our neighbors left because the power was out....we toughed it out with the backup generator.  The house is on it, but the shop isn't.  So I couldn't work on my wood project for a while - (insert whine here)....

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,863
    We live just north of the Washington State border in Delta BC. We don't have an air conditioner because it simply never seems to get that hot and the relative humidity is always around 55 to 60%. Winters can be wet, but snow is a one or two week kind of thing. Just came in from the patio after some Rocky Mountain Pork on the egg, not a bug in sight. Some of our windows don't even have screens. 
    We have lived in the mid-west (Illinois) and the South east (NC) and eastern Ontario. Everywhere has something to offer, you just have to look for the good stuff (like what's for supper on the egg tomorrow) and don't dwell on the not so good (like damn I'm out of lump!). 

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • OutcastOutcast Posts: 112
    Born and raised in Georgia where its hot, humid and full of mosquito's.  Could be worse.  I've been deployed to places around the world that were hotter, more humid, bugs and other pests were worse.  It's all good.   I've got a great wife, my eggs, plenty of grocery stores a great supply of lump, and no ones shooting at me any more.  What else could I ask for ?   :)
    ·