Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First sous vide porterhouse with Schwartz Montreal steak spices finished on the egg.

paqman
paqman Posts: 4,660
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
This is my second cook with my new Polyscience sous vide professional circulator.

Sprinkled the steaks (1 inch thick) with the Schwartz spices and then vacuum sealed them.
Waited in the fridge for 2-3 hours then cooked sous vide @ 135 for 2 hours.  Finished by searing in the egg on a dropped cast iron grate sitting on a spider for less than 1 minute per side.

This was THE best steak I EVER had!  I can't find the words to describe how tender it was. The strip loin side was as tender as the tenderloin side and the flavor of the spices was perfect.

imageimage

Comments