Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another new egghead

Options
bjkdlr
bjkdlr Posts: 7
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just got my egg about 2 months ago. Took about a month to get the table built (naked whiz plans), and have been loving it for about 3 weeks now. Never had much charcoal experience as my family always had gas grills, but being a lover of ribs, and bbq im general, I had to get a smoker.

My 1st was a chargriller w/sidebox and I absolutely hated it. I could not get a steady temp for any length of time, and what a mess it seemed to me. So I sold that and was about 2 days away from making another mistake by getting an electric smoker.

Thanks goodness I did a little research, and have a loving wife willing to let me spend way more for the egg. I know I would be disappointed if I had gone electric, and I cannot say enough good things about the egg. But enough rambling from me. I plan to try a trex steak tomorrow night, and then my first beef brisket on Tuesday. Going to read through old topics, but any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    You will get plenty of help here, and just remember sometimes you will get two people telling you almost opposite things and techniques.

The steak you will knock out.  The brisket could be perfect or a bomb.  Lots of different techniques for brisket, all trying to get to the same result: juicy, tender brisket.

Welcome.