Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CyberQ II Alarms

Options
Thunder
Thunder Posts: 10
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

I am looking at getting one of these units, but have one concern at this point, I think only one.  I have a Maverick 732 and love the fact that it will wake me up, via the alarm, if the pit temperature falls below a certain set point.  Can you get the CyberQ II to do something similar?  I believe I read somewhere it can send me an email, but I don't think that is going to wake me up, not to mention I don't want to wake up from other emails throughout the night.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options

You could configure the unit to send text messages to your phone which may be a better option for you than email.  I do know from experience, that as long as you have lump in the firebox, these things keep the temp at your set point within a couple degrees, but I understand your point of wanting an alarm for backup.  I do most of my low and slows when I am awake, so I haven't had a need for the alarm yet.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I have never had any kind of an issue with my cyberq going off temp more than a degree or 2. I do all of my low and slows overnight just because it is so easy. I would say get the cyberq wifi though unless you need to be able to control 2 eggs at the same time which the cyberq will do.