Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swing rack?

Options

Comments

• CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    Options
    No but since I can....why not??
    =D>
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • CGW1
    Options

• Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Options
    As fast as pizzas cook, do you really need to do 2 at once?
    If your having a party etc. and of course, why not!? That's why people expand te space in the first place.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options

OH MY GODDDDD!!! Ok, all done and cleaned up. That is a serious amount of wings!
    Mark Annville, PA
  • CGW1
    Options
    LOL!!!! That's a large size Grill Dome and yes that was a serious amount of wings.
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    My buddy is looking in to Grill Domes and other ceramic grills. He likes the egg and is leaning in the egg direction, but is one of those guys who has to research everything first. How do they compare to eggs? Major differences, etc. I'm pushing him hard toward the egg or primo because there are local dealers for both here in the Harrisburg area.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • CGW1
    Options
    Send him my way in Pittsburgh, and he can see an egg and a dome side by side since I'm a dealer for both. I'd rather not comment on this forum about my opinion on either one. Both are very good kamados, the end results are very much the samething. Both manufactures have pros and cons so it's personal preference.

Come on out and see me and we'll discuss it over several cold ones and some good food.
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    Thanks Franco. I understand your reasons for not discussing pros and cons of both on the forum. Also, because you are a dealer of both. The gist that I've gotten is that they are both solid grills. His wife is from Cranberry so I'll send him your way the next time he is visiting his inlaws.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Stoater
    Stoater Posts: 292
    Options
    Nice pics guys definitely worth the purchase!
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Options
    Sold Out! Boo Hoo!
  • CGW1
    Options
    Lizzie, don't let the fact that I'm sold out stop you from placing an order....at this rate, I'll have to place another order myself to have more manufactured, but at least your inline to get one, other wise I maybe sold out again and the wait will be longer. So if your really interested, please place an order and hopefully your wait will be a short one.

Cortguitarman....I appreciate the referral and hopefully I'll get a chance to meet him. Both grills are indeed very solid, a purchase of either one would not be a bad one at all, and of course the customer support outside the dealer is also very strong for both.
  • CGW1
    Options
    imageimage
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    Options
    Sold Out! Boo Hoo!
    LS - I agree.  The hardest part is the waiting.  I ordered mine the other day to get my name on the list for the next production run!
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options

Here were some fatty's that I did on my swing rack...wish they made one for the medium.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    XL owner here.  I saw they offer a 22" and 24" both w 18" as a 2nd for the XL.  Why the difference?  What would determine which you would grab?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CGW1
    Options
    Thetrim,

The 22 is for the XL Grill Dome and we also offer a 21.5" for the weber kettle
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

Franco, this is killin me! All these pics ^^^

When will I be getting the racks?

:)

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Sgt93
    Options

Franco, this is killin me! All these pics ^^^

When will I be getting the racks?

I hear every time you ask Franco, it delays the order another week (kidding of course) :))
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    I wish I was Franco right now. He's making money!
    :D
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Sgt93
    Options
    I wish I was Franco right now. He's making money!
    :D
    I am sure he is :))
  • CGW1
    Options
    You guys are brutal!!!  ;)

Dealing with U.S. labor rates, combined with the fact that CGW is a start up. Trust me when I tell you, I'm doing charity work!!!!  
    :-O

On another note, I checked in on my order for some sort of ETA, it's looking more like a 1-2 wks instead of 2-3, I take this info with a grain of salt.  Machine shops maybe accurate when manufacturing, but not to accurate with time lines.
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    Keep dealing with those U.S. labor rates. I'll pay the extra money. Let's start making things in the US again. I was only kidding. Just happy to see a good product being made and a local (same state) business have success.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Options
    That ETA is hopeful! 
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • Aviator
    Options

+1 to US made products. I for one am sick and tired of cheap imports with no quality.

Chattanooga, TN.

• CGW1
    Options
    Trust me guys...I'm all about having it stay in the states and if I can keep it in my backyard that's another +1 for me.

Hopefully with everyone's help this product will be successful, I'll then take all u guys with me to some island somewhere and party like rockstars!! :D
  • Aviator
    Options

I can suggest St. Johns island. Still in the US of A !!

:))

Chattanooga, TN.

• Sgt93
    Options
    Keep dealing with those U.S. labor rates. I'll pay the extra money. Let's start making things in the US again. I was only kidding. Just happy to see a good product being made and a local (same state) business have success.
    A big +1. USA all the way :)
  • Stoater
    Stoater Posts: 292
    Options
    Trust me guys...I'm all about having it stay in the states and if I can keep it in my backyard that's another +1 for me.

Hopefully with everyone's help this product will be successful, I'll then take all u guys with me to some island somewhere and party like rockstars!! :D
    Will we be bringing an egg along or that inferior dome thing?

Just kidding 
  • CGW1
    Options
    Lol. We'll either cook for ourselves or maybe have some hot bikini babes "handle" our needs!!! ;)
  • Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    Options
    Just did a mess of chicken thighs on the swing rack.  I'm in a hurry to break it in.  Ran it up to a stable 350 and heard the satisfying "sizzle" when the bird hit the steel.  All were covered with my favorite dry-mustard/oregano rub.  Half had my favorite sauce applied at the end and the rest were tossed in leftover buffalo/peach sauce after removing from the grill.  More than we could eat and our neighbors are very happy!  Oh yeah, there's some sort of vegetable stuff on the plate which my wife insisted on.  I consumed my vegetables from hops and rye.  Tomorrow will be steak and fries.
    My actuary says I'm dead.