Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sesame Drumsticks and Stuffed Zucchini!

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
'afternoon!
Mustard rubbed cajun seasoned Alaskan Halibut filets for lunch. Yum! Grilled on junior at 400 for 4 minutes a side. Nice crust, moist and tasty. Very simple and quick to do.[p]Marinating some drumsticks in an interesting mixture of soy sauce, oyster sauce, turbinado sugar, peanut and sesame oil, and a mixture of cracked ginger, lots of galangal, grains-o-paradise, mustard seeds and pepper. Will finish it off with a sauce that I will wing.[p]Also, Cooks Illustrated has some great looking recipes for stuffed zuchinni that look like prime candidates for that big green oven. I picked the recipe that uses potatoes, tomatoes, onion, jack cheese and fresh basil for the stuffing. (they also have recipes for a corn, blackbean and chipotle stuffing, and a curried lamb, mango and currants stuffing)[p]The recipe calls for cooking the potatoes, and heating the ingredients before filling the squash, then it goes in a 400 degree oven for 6 minutes to melt cheese and brown. My egg will be at 400 anyway when I am cooking the chicken, so after I pull off the chicken I could stick the stuffed squash in then. Any suggestions for what to put the squash on??? The recipe says use a cookie sheet in the oven.[p]Thanks for any tips.
Great Friday and weekend to all.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    Nature Boy, If it's a banana squash, would it nestle into a V-rack comfy-cosy like? If it's gonna drip some of that nice stuffing and/or cheese, maybe a small piece of foil under the rack. If an acorn squash, howzabout a small (i.e. bread cooling) rack over a foil-lined drip pan to catch any fleeing/melting stuffing. "This is another fine looking menu you've gotten us into! Nyuk Nyuk"

• Nature Boy
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    Great ideas. I don't have a small bread rack, but ya got me thinkin. Lemme go see what I can round up.[p]These are actually green squash, and are about the size of a huge cucumber. Look forward to trying this. [p]Thanks! You be cookin this weekend, Mike?[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    Nature Boy, Only use the Egg on days that end in 'y'. Looking at doing a rack of ribs tomorrow early and taking downtown to a lady who works in the spice/sauce store I am becoming a 'regular' at. She gave me a free jar of mustard that they are thinking of carrying, stone-ground, sharp finish, and made by a local lady hoping to get it stocked at the store. Will give her my impressions, and drop off the ribs. She and hubby are considering purchase of an Egg and I gave her my enthusiastic take on Egg ownership, and will provide some 'proof' through a rack of Egged ribs (JJ's rub, then brushed with Stubb's sauce I bought at their shop).
    Afternoon mom and dad coming over for early Father's Day feast. He's a steak man, big time! Not sure if he'll let me use the Char-Crust I bought, as last one I made for him reached 'best I ever had' status. Again, this is large praise from a man who's eaten steak in some mighty fine (and expensive!) steak houses.
    Sunday is MY father's day, so maybe Hannah will buy me some nice 1" chops that I can Char-Crust and grill. That would be a nice gift.
    Your plans?

• Nature Boy
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    Whoahh! That is some Qin there. I love your story about taking ribs into your local store. Always a positive thing to be on the good side of the owner of a spice and sauce store. I am convinced you will knock her socks off, she will buy and egg, and you will have an endless suplly of cheap spices![p]Isn't it nice to know you can just waltz in there with a rack-o-ribs with full confidence you will knock her socks off???[p]Why don't you start pop off with a very lightly charcrusted steak?? I like that stuff light on steaks myself. Nice to be able to taste some meat.[p]I have heard good things about Stubbs. Just picked up a two pak at Costco of Stubb's Marinade. One for beef. One for pork. Each one is a quart (you know these wholesale clubs). Anywho, the marinade ingredients sound AWESOME!! And while I enjoy makin my own marinades, this one looks like a winner. You ever tried their marinades??????[p]Q on.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • The Colonel
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    You are the man---I am getting full just reading about all the things you are posting. Keep up the great work.
    yours in the egg--the colonel

• Nature Boy
    Options
    The Colonel,
    Thanks. The stuffed zuchinni ended up in the oven, but was great. The recipes are in July Cooks Illustrated. Now that I have done that recipe per the instructions (which are great), I can eggsperiment with finishing it up in Mr. Dumpty.[p]Still want to roll up my sleeves, and pull out your stuffed chops recipe. Waitin for the right day now![p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com