Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table Design - feel free to use it, but don't sell it!

ElektroOganik
ElektroOganik Posts: 11
edited July 2012 in EGG Table Forum
I live in the UK and I've just recently purchased a large BGE.  If any of you live in the UK then you will know that it hasn't stopped raining since May.  That said, i've had it for three weeks and cooked on it every night.  The steaks ...man they're amazing!  Anyway, being a designer I had to create my own table (Heavily treated that is), so that I can entertain and show off my newly acquired culinary skills with a decent surface.  I've just finished it and i'm waiting for the final coat to dry, so i'll post a picture soon.  However, I'm feeling generous and am willing to share my design - it costs about £100 to build and it's as sturdy as a butchers block!  I've seen some bad pictures of purchased tables and it rocks in comparison.  If you're in the UK, use the part numbers and go to B&Q and get them to do all the cuts and just screw it together, simple! That's what I did.  Definitely purchase the firebricks from Vitcas in Bristol.  I haven't seen any evidence of burning and i've had it damn hot, followed advice from Nakedwhiz.

A tip for those in the UK who want to buy decent restaurant grade Charcoal (cheaper and just as good as the BGE fuel), get it from IGNITEwoodfuels.co.uk it's just as good.

Enjoy!

Comments