Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Finished my table with a bunch of custom accessories

Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
imageimageimageimageFinally finished this beast. The table is 72 inches long 32 inches wide and 37 inches high. Had a piece of granite laser etched, a damper made, a handle made, custom stain and a custom cover made. The table looks fairly basic but the devil was in the details. Me and my buddy had a blast making it.
·

Comments

• Serial GrillerSerial Griller Posts: 1,186
    Nice! Fun project for sure.
    ·
  • McStewMcStew Posts: 505
    looks great
    Marina Del Rey CA 
    ·
  • mr toadmr toad Posts: 666
    great look - love the cap and also the etching -

i guess you are not a carolina fan :)

mr toad

are you coming to the nc eggfest in august
    In dog Beers - I have had only one !
    ·
  • ncsufan24ncsufan24 Posts: 2
    I like it!! 
    ·
  • Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    Certainly not a unc fan! I am planning on cooking at the nc eggfest next month. Should be a blast.
    ·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,384
    This is my kind of table- where did you get the pieces from?
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
    I hear ya Wolfpack. I tried finding cypress all over nc but nobody wanted to mess with the small order. I was going to use cedar but it was way to expensive. I ended buying my lumber from lowes. Pressure treated pine for the supports and poplar for the 1 x 4's. Not the ideal choice of wood for the 1 x 4's but we screwed them on so it will be easy to replace in 3 years or so plus it's stained and covered! Go pack!!!!!!
    ·
  • EllisEllis Posts: 193
    Good stuff, love the rain cap. Who did that for you

·
    Lara Fors made the damper. Her website is http://www.larafors.com/etc.htm she is very easy to work with and does great work.
    ·
  • Very nice!
    1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!
    ·
  • xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    where'd you get that cover? I'm in the final planning stages of my table and definitely want a solid rain proof cover, it's gonna be a big one, a home for my large egg, and a weber performer, with a work area in the middle.
    ·
  • AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    Looks great....love the custom cap too
    ·
  • EllisEllis Posts: 193
    Thanks Mike, I'm going to seed Lara a email now

·
    Since I live near the nc coast it was easy for me to find a marine canvas shop to make the cover. I called several places and the prices where all over the place. I had quotes from $175.00 to $750.00. I ended up talking with the guy who quoted $175.00 and gave him the dimensions and it fits like a glove. I would recommend trying a boat canvas shop in your area. If you can not locate one then try John at coverworks@hotmail.com. His are a little more expensive but he reinforces the cover and does several things that the guy who made mine couldn't do. I have to say that sunbrella is the way to go. I have received about 4 inches of rain in the past 2 days and it is unbelievable to see that fabric at work.
    ·