Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Somebody on here is going to be a happy boy when they get home from work today....who's it gonna be?

The Cen-Tex Smoker
The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,958
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I got got a hot tip that somebody is getting a new large today....just sayin' (it's not me)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    You are an egg giving away fool!!

XLBGE 
  • rontho
    rontho Posts: 109
    I'm home and there's just one egg all alone on my deck :(
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Nice, thanks dude, i had no idea you were in ca
  • You are an egg giving away fool!!
    I'm not giving this one away. I am doing the evil bidding of a sneaky significant other  >:)
  • I'm home and there's just one egg all alone on my deck :(
    No bueno for you (or me....still a lonely large out there on my deck too)

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321

If it's me I'm in trouble.  Surprised the wife with a hot tub yesterday, I can't afford any surprise Eggs right now!

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    "Happy Boy" means not me.   :((
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    i have a new bottle of gin, and work from home.  already happy
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Does that mean you are personally delivering it to my house? Cuz Mrs G is in Chicago right now. At least, that's where she said she was.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• GA_Dawgs
    GA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    Lucky guy, I hope he enjoys it!  His wife and my wife need to talk :D
  • Eggucated
    Eggucated Posts: 213
    New forum member in the making?
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited July 2012
    Saw this post , and left for home early.
    On the train now, sew you soon cen-tex.
    I hope i don't have to reimburse for gas.
    ;)
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • i have a new bottle of gin, and work from home.  already happy
    Well played. I have a fresh bottle of bourbon and worked out on the boat all day. Ain't life grand.
  • Saw this post , and left for home early.
    On the train now, sew you soon cen-tex.
    I hope i don't have to reimburse for gas.
    ;)
    You can turn around and go back.
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    edited July 2012
    Well hello there little guy!

So in other posts when I said I had a great wife, well..here is
    confirmation! I work from home and was down in my office working on a
    laptop... my wife calls me and says, "GET YOUR A** OUT HERE!" "WHAT THE
    H**L IS THIS IN MY CAR!" So I go out and this is what I found!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Well hello there little guy! So in other posts when I said I had a great wife, well..here is confirmation! I work from home and was down in my office working on a laptop... my wife calls me and says, "GET YOUR @#!*% OUT HERE!" "WHAT THE @#!*% IS THIS IN MY CAR!" So I go out and this is what I found!

And sneaky too! Congrats dude
  • michigan_jason
    Thanks man, but one question. I noticed on the side of the egg the famous hairline cracks in the paint of it. I went to the deck and looked at my XL and didn't find a single one. Should I return this one and get another? I know that these small hairline cracks will spider out and get worse, and for $1000 I think I should have one without them yes?

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Thanks man, but one question. I noticed on the side of the egg the famous hairline cracks in the paint of it. I went to the deck and looked at my XL and didn't find a single one. Should I return this one and get another? I know that these small hairline cracks will spider out and get worse, and for $1000 I think I should have one without them yes?
    Well- it will happen soon no matter what- they all do it. it's called crazing and it's a characteristic of the ceramic.

That being said, it usually comes with age so I might get one that started without it. It's strictly aesthetic but i think I would want perfect one for $1000 too.

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    there's no paint on the egg.  that's glaze, and it will eventually always crack.  normal. 
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • michigan_jason
    I think I will take it in tomorrow, and have them give me another one.

• michigan_jason
    edited July 2012
    there's no paint on the egg.  that's glaze, and it will eventually always crack.  normal. 
    So you would prefer to buy one with cracks when buying brand new? Seems to me that if buying brand new, one would rather have the one without the cracks.

That's like saying, "We are all going to die one day anyway, so why quit smoking?"

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    We don't work so it's not us! ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !