Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Fried Rice

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

This was originally going to be General Tsao's chicken, but I was missing some ingredients and too lazy to go to the store to get them. I did have the necessary stuff for chicken fried rice, so that's what it became. Improvise and overcome and all that.

Mise en place

Rain trying to defeat me. You can't stop me rain!! I have a covered patio. Muah-haw-haw-haw!! (that's my evil laugh)

But the rain did make my pictures come out dark.  :(

But no matter, dinner was still wonderful

Chicken Fried Rice

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Looks great, I didnt get any rain like that at my house. It seemed like the rain skirted all around me. I dont have a patio only a pergola. So I rigged a tarp over the egg in preperation for the rain. It never came though.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Phoenix824
    Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    Options
    Note to self "add corn to next chicken fried rice."   Looks great
    Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
  • Eggucated
    Eggucated Posts: 213
    Options
    I think my wife is going to leave me when I tell her I want a Wok for the egg.  No worries, I'm sure she'll be back in time for some Chicken Fried Rice!!  Dang, I need to stop visiting this forum!
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • Griffin
    Options

I thought this picture was interesting showing part of the egg and the wok and the rain coming down (and the side yard where nothing will grow except weeds. Hey, if it wasn't a rent house I might put more effort into planting some grass of something)image

Rowlett, Texas

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Man, am I hungry now.  That looks great.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231
    Options
    I think my wife is going to leave me when I tell her I want a Wok for the egg.  No worries, I'm sure she'll be back in time for some Chicken Fried Rice!!  Dang, I need to stop visiting this forum!

+1 there. 

My list of accessories keeps growing.  My wife's reactions began with a just a groan of frustration; now we're approaching the visceral anger stage. 

:-@
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • Griffin
    Options

I didn't ask my wife about the wok and spider till after I ordered them. :D

She has now generously said that I can keep $20 from every paycheck to put towards a second Egg....this is going to take forever.

Rowlett, Texas

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options

I didn't ask my wife about the wok and spider till after I ordered them. :D

She has now generously said that I can keep $20 from every paycheck to put towards a second Egg....this is going to take forever.

Have your work pay you daily

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Little Steven
    Options
    It'll be like that for a while until she becomes fully entrnched and all you have to do is say " I could make _____ if I had a ______
  • Griffin
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Great idea!! I like the way you think. I do get paid every two weeks and got some money for my b-day last month.

Rowlett, Texas

• Ellis
    Ellis Posts: 195
    Options
    Griffin what would your 2 nd be, I
  • Griffin
    Options
    I'm not sure, Ellis. I've been leaning towards a small. I want one that it is portable and I can take it to the ranch, but I hear a lot of complaints about getting it up to temp. I compared a small and mini side by side, and I know there are die hard mini fans, but the mini just seemed too small for our needs. And before anybody says anything, I have watched the mini movies and I know what it can do.

Rowlett, Texas