Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rosemary

TarHeelBBQTarHeelBBQ Posts: 317
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I ate at a friends house last night. He threw 5-6 stalks of fresh rosemary on the charcoal. It really gave it a nice flavor. Just an FYI for everyone

Thx,

TarHeelBBQ
·

Comments

• TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    I have done it before with some Trout I made. A very nice flavor.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • Rich_ieRich_ie Posts: 268
    I have done it before with some Trout I made. A very nice flavor.
    +1 I've done chicken and turkey with rosemary very tasty.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,897
    I've done that before - it really does add rosemary aroma to the food.  Sadly our rosemary plants aren't doing too well, but our neighbors have giant rosemary bushes.

·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,878
    In addition to using the rosemary branches for smoke I like to place them under the string on a leg of lamb or prime rib roast.
    ·
  • celticalceltical Posts: 1
    I always add several sprigs of rosemary to the coals when I smoke salmon.  It gives a very distinct flavor to the it and enhances the wood smoke. 
    ·
  • BaysidebobBaysidebob Posts: 489
    Our rosemarry is doing stupid good.  We use the branches for kabob skewers.  Hadn't thought of using them for smoke but will certainly give it a try.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
    ·